Pages

Sunday, 12 July 2026

A Year of Projects Update - week 2

As we approach the end of the school year here we always have a last minute burst of activity!  So it has been quite busy here.

I have been able to make time for some crafting amongst all the dnd of term jobs.

I am making my way through Ease by Alicia Plummer.   I am using some Malabtigo Rios that is variegated and so at points it looks like a completely different colourway.   But I don't mind that - the top is casual anyway and I love the colours that are in it.

I'm nearly at the hip shaping so if I get some time over the next 2 weeks I think I will have to start thinking about what is next!

I haven't put any time into my summer socks so they need some love this week!

Other than the top I have done very little.  I've been trying to do more walking each day as in 2 weeks myself and a good friend are going to go and finish the walk I nearly completed last year.  Last tear I attempted an 87 mile walk across the Devon/Cornwall border for Macmillan cancer.  Unfortunately,  towards the end I twisted my knee and so couldn't complete it.  Anyway, we will be completing it in 2 weeks so there are a few things to get ready for then and I  am trying to train a little in between school tasks!

I have also been out in the garden a bit and have harvested out first produce.

I have been cutting sweetpeas for weeks - not from the plants grown from seed this year - some perennial sweetpeas that I've neglected and came back this year with a vengeance!!

I  have been replenishing these every other day for weeks ☺️

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week ☀️

5 comments:

  1. The top looks great and I love the earthy tones and changes of pattern. I am sure it will work out great. Enjoy the holidays when they come, good for you planning on finishing the walk. Liz (Highlandheffalump)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty the sweetpea blossoms are. I found a potato that had sprouted roots in our pantry so I just plopped it into a deck pot. We will see what it does. So much for my gardening. ;) Wow, the Malabrigo almost looks like a fade. It does make a pretty top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, let me post today, that comment was from MaureenHD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely garden haul and the flowers look so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how the yarn is changing the shades in the pullover. Looks like you have a good harvest going on! Those sweet pea flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete