Tuesday 11 August 2015

Outfit Along - unveiled

I completed my outfit-a-long outfit!  This is a sew/knit along hosted by Andi Satterlund and lladybird, where you have to sew an item and knit a garment designed to wear together.  Last year I was only brave enough to make a skirt and a Myrna.  This year I decided to make a dress, and settled on Megan by Tilly Walnes.  I again went for the featured sweater - Vianne.  So here they are..

Please excuse the terrible photos!  It's not a great day weather wise, so the flash was needed and I got my son to take some but they were a bit blurry!  This was one he took at the weekend of the dress.
I'm really pleased with the dress, it fits really well and I think I will make another of these.
I'm not so sure about the Vianne.  I really like the pattern but I'm not convinced by the length.  It is unblocked at the moment, so I may try that and see what I think.  Both years I have knit a cropped cardi, thinking they would be ok with a dress but next year I will definitely rethink!

Otherwise, I have started Daniel's rainbow hat which shouldn't take too long to finish and a pair of thick slipper socks for me.  I am still moving slowly along with Rhombing around and Curiosa.
I have read a few pages of The Seas and enjoying it so far.
Linking with Nicole and Ginny.

15 comments:

  1. The dress is so lovely and the colours on your sweater/cardi is gorgeous!
    Awesome job hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so nice! I set my sewing machine up this spring, hoping to get a chance to do some sewing for myself-has not happened yet, but maybe this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful! And they go together really well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I love the sweater with the dress! I think the cropped length would look good paired with dresses or skirts with a tucked in blouse, but if you want it more versatile I think longer would be better. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooooh that is so pretty and it just so happens to be my color!! great job, it looks wonderful on you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your dress and it fits perfect. You are really an accomplished seamstress. The sweater is so pretty, too. I'm sure you enjoyed making these items. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that dress is amazing, good going, fab x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look lovely. The colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wildly impressed when I saw the dress in the previous post. I don't even know how to express how amazed I am by the pair. I love the sweater and the length; it's fabulous with the dress. I hope you feel proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a pretty design on the front of your cardi! I like the cropped length with a dress. Fabulous job making both to go together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cardigan is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing how it will look once it's blocked.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for finishing that beautiful cardigan. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete