Sunday, 7 August 2022

A Year of Projects Update - week 6

 Week two of the holidays has passed!  Me and the boys spent it with my mum and dad in Somerset.   We had a nice time and still the weather holds

  We are supposed to be getting another heatwave towards the end of next week  which we are not looking forward to.  Me and Daniel however, will be outside next week as we are going camping in Norfolk at Snetterton race circuit.  So as long as we can get our tent pegs in the ground, it should be ok!

While I was with mum and dad I was able to make some progress.   I only took my festive yoke KAL sweater and so made good inroads to this project.  I have spilt for the sleeves and now am working down the body. 

I am knitting this out of Navia Duo yarn and will be making it into a dress.   I think I may do one more motif and then put it on waste yarn to try it on and then do the sleeves.  I only want short sleeves so hope they won't take too long!

Other than that I have done a bit of Sewing, but I will report on that in a couple of weeks when we return from Snetterton.

I have also been enjoying a few audio books, but, again, I will put that into a separate post. So, it is a bit short and sweet this week,  but I will try and add some extras during the week. I hope everyone has a great fortnight as I will be in a field next week and unable to post!

Sunday, 31 July 2022

A Year of Projects Update - week 5

 OK, so midweek blogs did not happen - maybe next week.   I have been doing much crafting, but it doesn't 'feel' like I have.   Perhaps it is because I felt like a project was nearly finished and all I have really done is finished that.

Anyway, what did I finish?  There are technically 2 things.

I finished my ripple bralette/camisole.  I actually love it and think I could be brave enough to do a bralette version...

I knit this in some Yorkshire Dale's yarn (who are not dying anymore).   I still have at least half a skein left and I'm toying with making the bralette in the leftover skein.  We will see - I made the straps double the thickness on this version  so I think I would have enough.
The other thing I finished and packaged up is my mum's advent calendar. 
This is now ready to take to mum tomorrow when we pop down to see her and dad.  Then I don't have to worry about it in the post. 
So on that note I am spending the best part of the week in Somerset with mum and dad.  I'm taking both boys this time (even though Thomas would rather stay at home now).  Crafting wise, I am only going to take the Festive yoke KAL  and see if I can put a dent in that.
I will leave you with a couple of shots of the pond where we walk most days - it's just down the road from us, so only takes about 10 minutes to get there - we are very lucky.

Have a great week everyone. 

Sunday, 24 July 2022

A Year of Projects Update - week 4

 We made it!!  It is now the summer holidays!

This year seems to have gone in a flash and dragged all at the same time!  But we are there now, and I am so looking forward to long days filled with walking, crafting  baking and listening to Audible.

This week has been quite good craft wise - we actually worked from home on Monday and Tuesday due to the heat.  I think I might have said last week we had 35/36 - 40 predicted and we are just not built for those temperatures - our houses and schools are not built for heat - no air con and few fans  so in school with 30 students in a room - it is like a greenhouse.  Anyway I worked from home and it was a bit better - fan aimed at my face all day!  It also meant I could fit in some crafting.  

I did a few bits of embroidery this week.

These are destined for cards to give to my mum in her advent calendar.   I have decided I want it finished by next week so that I can rake it down with us and then I don't have to rely on the post nearer the time - but it does mean I have to get moving.
I also worked a fair bit on my ripple bralette.

I know this does not look like a bralette, but this is my trail camisole version.  I do not know if I will like it as a bralette, I don't know if I will like the negative ease of the bralette and I have 2 skeins of this lovely yarn.  So a camisole version it is and if I like it - I will dig out another single skein from stash and knit it as a bralette.
On that note I got round to sewing something that I have has my eye on for a while.  I bought the Waves and Wild superstar bra pattern ages ago and this week finally sewed it up.  
This was a brilliant stash buster as I have loads of bits of stretchy fabric (this and pants are going to be my go to stash using project).  It only took me a few hours to finish it although at this stage I had got a bit carried away and finished it without my customery trying on as I go.  Had I done that, I would have realised the straps were far too short and I should have lengthened them.  I have now fixed it (not a pretty fix but you can have everything) and I love the finished article - I may try it for my yoga at home and see how it holds up - I see more of these in my future (it would also work well as a bikini top).
And.. on the Waves and Wild theme.  I also got a free pattern of theirs - the sandcastle bucket sun hat.  Again, I used lots of stash/leftover fabric and produced this..

As you can see, it is fully reversible (although the chickens are sometimes upside down - and forgive me for being in pyjamas!)  Again,  I love this, it used stash and only took a couple of hours.
And I think that is it for this week.  I will be able to get round to everyone in good time this week and I'm thinking there may even be some midweek blogs on the horizon!
Until then, I hope everyone has a good week.