Sunday 19 February 2017

A Year of Projects Update - week 34

We have our half term break this week, it seems like it's been such a long time coming.  I have made some progress this week, but hopefully, I should be able to fit in a fair bit of knitting this week - which is good news.

WIP's
My From Way Back is progressing nicely but slowly.  As I said last week it's a great knit but I do have to concentrate on the lacey bit.
I have nearly finished my Hermiones Valentine socks (they weren't ready for Valentines as predicted) - I hope to get these done by the end of today.
These are for the Grocery Girls sock bash KAL and Inside Number 23 Harry Potter KAL (as well as Boxosox) and both of these are month long KAL's.  But we needn't worry that I can't have a pair of socks on the needles as I have signed up to a test knit!  I can't show you these as they are a test knit and I haven't cast them on yet.

As if that wasn't enough I have also started a second test knit.  I talked last week about starting a shawl with the yarn I won - I was going to knit Fodhla by Kniterarium.  However, Ruth of Knitterarium is running a test knit for her latest shawl that I thought would be perfect for the yarn so I have decided to do that instead.  I am hoping that knitting it for my friend and it being a test knit will spur me into finishing doubly quickly.
Acquisitions
I acquired my yarn for Breathing Space this week.  I got some merino fingering from Travelknitter in a beautiful blue.  I intend to dye some speckled yarn to go with it this week so will post pics next week.
I also succumbed (it didn't take much!) to a print copy of Interpretations 4 by Joji Locatelli and Veera Valimaki.  It has only just come out and is due to be dispatched on the 22nd - so hopefully next week I shall be able to show some pics.  

Well I fully intend for this to be a crafty week, I may even get to some sewing.  Hope everyone has a good and productive week. 
 

6 comments:

  1. Woohoo, nearly at the Valentines socks toes. The end is in sight.
    More projects started is always a good thing. It doesn't matter how many WIP's you may have on the go as long as you get to work on some therapeutic stitching each week, it's a win win.
    Looking forward to seeing what you do with your latest yarn acquisitions. Sounds like you have it all planned and are ready to start. Hope you have a good and productive week too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great texture these projects have. I will have to try to sign up for a test knit one day. Maybe next year. How nice to have a half term break. Many private schools here in the states get a ski week but those are mostly the white collar ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! You are way ahead of me on Hermione's and I'm not sure I'll make it for the February I#23 KAL but that's okay. I know what you mean about 'concentrated knitting'...almost all mine is! LOL! Your Kniterarium is interesting looking with some lovely yarn too. I know you will get lots done this week...you do every week! Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to go look up the From Way Back pattern to see (or reminde myself) exactly what it is you're making. Wow - that is a gorgeous sweater. I can't wait to see yours finished. You make such wonderfully wearable things. Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have turned your half term break (ala reading week?) into a knitting week! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your "From Way Back" looks lovely. I don't envy you knitting with such dark yarn. My old eyes can't manage that at all!

    Your Hermoine socks look so bright and cheery - they're tempting me to knit another pair! Maybe!

    Good for you for test knitting. It's sure to boost pattern sales knowing that the pattern's been knit through by more than the designer and to see all the different projects. The yarn looks gorgeous!

    Hope you had a good week!

    ReplyDelete