Sunday 24 September 2017

A Year of Projects Update - week 13

I'm a little late in the day posting this week, and I still haven't finished the socks pictured below!  I have done lots of other jobs though.
WIP's
My September socks.  They are so close to being finished, just the ribbing to go.
These are Losers Lurgy by the knotty gnome and the yarn is hedgehog fibres and is splendid!
My Christmas jumper is progressing.  I do a few rows each night.
My festive socks in Mothy and the Squid candy cane are coming along nicely, but are on hold for a moment while I finish my September socks.
I have also made some progress on my scarf.  This is Seville in Pom Pom magazine.  The rows are so long and are lace so take a while to do.  There is progress I promise!
Lastly I have started a new project.  In an effort to save the planet (well one step towards anyway), I have decided to knit little cloths that I can use instead of cotton wool pads.
So what have I been doing other than knitting?  I have been in the garden - mosty planting, but also pulling up potatoes, carrots and the single beetroot that grew this year.  I also made some cakes.  The Great British Bake Off is back on our screens and it was caramel week this week - so I felt inspired to make some caramel cakes.
Hope you all have a good week - I am going to finish those socks now and have a cake.

6 comments:

  1. I love all things Caramel. Your cakes look amazing. The September socks are so nice. I really like the color. That scarf is soooooo long. Looking forward to seeing it completed. You have made nice progress on your jumper.

    I am with you on doing our part to keep from using items that clog up our landfills. I need to get this blanket done so I can get my market bags made. I already use homemade dishcloths and am thinking of making my own kitchen scrubbies as well as bath loofas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm... 'tis the season for caramel cakes. And spice cakes with caramel icing. Caramel apples, too. Bring on the caramel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the GBB show! Caramel? LOVE!!!! Yes, I agree with Becki...Fall is all about the caramel! YUM!
    Both your socks are so pretty and you've gotten a lot done on your sweater. The scarf is looking very pretty even though it is squished on the needles you can tell it's going to be a beauty! I always love your projects and your yarns an dnow your cakes! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lucy :)) Your cloths look great! I think that's a wonderful project and I definitely want to knit more for myself too, without the pattern. I LOVE your Christmas socks!! Ooooh caramel...I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to try Hedgehog Fibers yarn, but I hear so many great things about it. Love that yours has such nice colour combos without pooling!

    Mmmmm..... caramel cakes. That'd be waaaay too much temptation around here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cake looks delicious and I bet it was. I love the little knitted cloths. So much nicer than store bought ones.

    ReplyDelete