Monday 22 April 2019

Finished (or almost) Objects

I have - wait for it - three finished objects.
I decided to give them their own post, I wanted to record the modifications I made to the Coco dress and I have the time today.
No. 1
The Coco pinafore
I used the Coco dress pattern by Tilly and the Buttons and some stretch jersey from Fabric Godmother.  I cut the front neckline lower by about 3 inches and finished the neckline with bias binding.  This is the only part of the dress that I am not happy with, it gapes a little bit - I think I might try a V neck next time.  I stabilised the shoulders with ribbon, which is the original pattern, but I have never done it.  I put in a couple of bust darts as the armholes looked as though they would gape, and this meant that I could then lower the armholes by about an inch at the back.  I also lengthened the length by about 3 inches.


Overall I am very happy with this.  I think it goes with a range of tops underneath (as you can see) - I do have a cheeky photobomb in one!
No. 2
The Grass River Tunic
The knitting on this one is finished. I have already adjusted the front to fit a little better.  It clearly needs to be blocked and have the ends woven in.  However I am not totally happy with the sleeves.  I am going to see what I can do to try to bring them in.  I don't want to reknit them!  I think I should be able to make them puff sleeves
No. 3
My Girlfriend Market bag
This easy knit is knit in cotton yarn I had in stash.  This is to replace one I lost. It is ready for me to use this week.
And so, there we have it.  Three almost finished objects.  I am hoping I am now ready for Me made May!

3 comments:

  1. I love the array of finished projects Lucy. The Coco dress with your modifications are great and I love the look of it with the tops underneath, making it a great project for all the seasons. I hope you can make the sleeves for the Grass River Tunic work for you because it's a great summer top. How do you find the stretch on the Girlfriend Market bag for say books or is it more suited to light beach items?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pinafore looks terrific, Lucy. And I love the photobomb of one of your sons. :) The Grass River sweater looks beautiful. I would imagine puff sleeves would look great. And the bag is pretty, too. It looks sturdy with that large book or binder? in it. While I like using my crocheted bags mesh, they do stretch forever. Still trying to find the right size to finish them off so that the stretch is not so wild.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the dress is so cute. I am so impressed that you can sew something that works.
    The sweater is really pretty.
    Love that bag. I'll have to check out the pattern.

    ReplyDelete