Monday 26 October 2020

A Year of Projects Update - week 17

 We made it to the half term break!  I am looking forward to a week of relaxing.  We can't go very far as the car is in for it's MOT and of course everywhere has restrictions anyway.  We will be getting our pumpkins on Thursday  and hopefully a couple of my friends that I  haven't seen since last Christmas are coming over on Saturday to sit in the garden!

And... I have not one, but two, finishes.

Modelled by Patricia,  here is my finished lacy shoulders tee and Cornhill.

The tee is knit in Rowan Summerlite 4ply which was a delight!  Cornhill is knit in Eden Cottage yarn in the Keswick fingering.  Both need a block but other then that, they are done.

So what next?

I wound up my Stranded dyeworks gingerbread haus last week so have cast on a pair of socks.  I have also cast on Winterberry by Jennifer Wood in some beautiful Viola from John Arbon.

I would like to make some candles this week to use a few of my mug stash!  I don't think I have any sewing to get on with but I may sort some out.

I hope everybody has a good and safe week.

8 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful week off and for sure feel every teacher deserves a medal even more so than normal. Your finished items look lovely together, was that intentional or accidental. I love Amy’s yarns but have managed to resist buying more right now and have quite a few bits of John Arbon fibre, handspun and yarns so I’m sure your next projects will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at your gorgeous finishes!!! Congratulations on 2 major accomplishments. I hope you enjoy your break and your new cast ons! I can't wait to see them. I need to look for some Christmas yarn for the Christmas Eve sock cast on! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas Eve sock cast on?? What's that?? I am anxiously awaiting two of my favorite sock dyers to post updated yarns this coming weekend!!

      Delete
  3. Those finishes are wonderful. Good job on getting both if them completed. Have a lovely week with the kidfos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love your tee. With wintering in Florida, I'm looking to make more tees although I still have plenty of sweaters to knit. I get a couple or cool months in Ohio before we winter in Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both finishes are BEAUTIFUL!!

    I love the idea of turning some un-used mugs into candles. What a delightful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the two finished projects! I hope you have a good break this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Patricia is looking stunning in her new wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete