Sunday 4 July 2021

Pattern matching!

 I got some lovely striped material from Minerva.

It's a cotton jersey knit fabric and should be perfect for a Coco top.  I also decided to have my first go at pattern matching. 

I watched a class from  Alison Smith at the Sewing Weekender hosted by the Foldline and felt ready to go!

I used the tips she suggested and I  think it has worked quite well.   Namely, lining up points such as the underarm with a stripe and making sure the fabric is lined up correctly to start with.

I did the shoulder seams by hand, but all of the rest was finished with a zig zag stitch on the machine and then pinking shears.

I quite enjoyed this, even the machine sewing.  The fabric was perfect, leaving me with enough to make a pair of pants as well!

All in all, I  love it!  Now to get more fabric to do it again!

2 comments:

  1. That’s it, you are ready to apply to sewing bee now. Well done on the pattern matching and on a jersey stretchy fabric that is very skilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this top, Lucy! The small stripes are really sweet and make a fun top. Great job!

    ReplyDelete