Sunday 5 September 2021

A Year of Projects Update - week 10

 OK, so I had no intention of missing two weeks,  but it just flew by. 

My husband has had the last two weeks off as well so we have been all over the place - beaches near us,  the wildlife centre and we went to Cornwall for our annual holiday.   I will sign off with some pics from when we were away. 

In the meantime  I have not done a whole lot of knitting and no sewing at all!  I have made a little progress on my top but I hope to do more this next week so will update you on that then.

I have made a little progress on a new blanket. 

It is growing fast as I am holding yarn together so it is about a chunky weight!

I have returned to work this week for inset days (ie no students) and during the holidays I found out a member of my department will be undergoing treatment for cancer this term (hopefully treatable).  So I know she likes a walk and I figure when she feels up to it she will need a hat to keep warm so that is my new project.

This is Looking Ahead by Veera Valimaki and I am using some stash yarn from Eden Cottage in the falling leaves colourway - both of which I think is quite apt.

And that is all I have been up to.  I am going to do some bits in the garden later, but otherwise I intend to have a relaxing crafty day, before a return to work properly tomorrow.

I will leave you with a selection of holiday shots!







7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family. So nice that you got some family time before school starting again. How thoughtful to knit a hat. I'm sure it will be so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, one of you boys is almost as tall as dad. What a nice hat you are making for your co-worker. I am sure she will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blanket is going to be so squishy!!
    I'm glad you got in some fun family stuff before work kicks in full swing.

    The hat for your coworker is lovely, and I hope is much utilized. It is very thoughtful, and will let them know you are thinking of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My! Your boys are growing up! And what a handsome family you have, Lucy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great vacation! And what a lovely gift for your coworker

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you all had a great break. Good luck with the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time in Cornwall. We went to see a play at the same outdoor theatre, I can’t remember what the play was but the setting is gorgeous. I’m sure the hat will be very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete