Sunday 12 February 2023

A Year of Projects Update - week 34

 Happily,  today marks the first day of our half term break.  We don't have too many plans bar going to the beach tomorrow and potentially having a swim!  The sea is apparently 6 or 7 degrees C so we will see if we get past our toes and it won't be for long but it would be good to get in.

In terms of Projects I have put a few more rows in on my shorts (Reduplicate from Pompom magazine).

I am now about one and a half legs in.  I know some were thinking knitted shorts may never be useful  but I think they will be perfect for those warm spring and autumn days on the beach especially if we have been swimming when I want something to warm me up but not overheat. It's not something I would wear tomorrow,  but later in spring when it is warm but with a bit of a chilly breeze  they should be just the job!  Hopefully I should be able to report back soon!
I have been putting in a bit of time on my dress.  I have done most of the bodice apart from the sleeves and have done the skirt (that is what is draped over the chair in the following picture) - I now only have to attach the skirt to the bodice and add sleeves.  I am hoping to get it pinned and basted today  so should be easily finished by next week. 
Otherwise, I have been keeping up my photo a day  I made a trio of cakes yesterday and I am hoping to get in some drawing this next week.  I will leave you with my cakes!  I hope you all have a great week. 



6 comments:

  1. 6C!! That's probably why I'm not much of a beach fan. I like my water at least 30C which I get at the heated pool in our condo complex. Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Maureen as for water temp. I may venture in at 27C but never at 6C. Your dress is very pretty. You have dine quite a bit in it this past week. Never thought if knitted shorts to wear at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knitted beach shorts! How clever.
    Are those three distinct types of cake? Or same cake different topping?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are braver than me getting in that water! It's supposed to be good for your circulation. Your shorts are going to be so cute. I love your dress..the floral pattern is perfect for Spring. Your cakes certainly look yummy! One my favorites is the English Lemon cake....delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Those cakes look delicious, especially the one with lemon curd looking topping yummmmy! I saw on Instagram that you did get in. We have fresh snow on the hills here but still see some brave people taking a dip!

    ReplyDelete