Sunday 3 November 2013

Year of Projects Update - Halloween


 Another week goes by and half term is almost over!  We all went out to see the fireworks yesterday - all wrapped up with ear defenders on!  A good time was had by all!!
 During the week we had some friends over and we all made Halloween biscuits - here they are in the act.
And here are the finished articles!!












I didn't get quite as much knitting done as planned - best laid plans and all.  I had to do some marking as well.
However, I did finish and block Morticia - pictured below.  I did the picot bind off, so meant although it took an incredibly long time, I learned several new techniques including beading and the picot.  In the new year I think I would like to learn crochet as a result, but not yet!

The colour on this one is not quite right - the second picture is better colourwise.  I would have liked to have blocked the points a bit better, and probably will before I give it away, but it is too big to block with the space/equipment I have.  I have no idea how people managed to block the large ones!!  This is a small!




Made a little progress on the scarf for mum/dad, but no progress on the crocodile scarves.

Did, however, cast on an Amy Miller cowl called Basketcase for my childminder.  Think I will make a second one if I like it for a friend who has just discovered she has cancer - something nice and warm for when she starts chemo.


Hope everyone has a good week - my mum and dad are visiting from Thursday so will have to try to get the scarf out of the way!

10 comments:

  1. Nice looking MORTICIA!
    Nice and thoughtful cowls for your child minder and possibl your friend! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a couple Morticia shawls and they all look lovely. As for blocking...it probably won't work for you with a 5 year old and a 2 year old but I have a room that Little Man can't get into and it has a bed that can be pulled out to a king size and I block on there if it's really big. If it's not horribly large, I'll just use the twin bed. Fans blowing the air around make blocking quicker :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, pretty shawl! I'm also confused how people are able to block such large pieces. I don't think my bf would appreciate pins all over our bed :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shawl! What an exquisite job you did on it...way beyond my skill level! My hat's off to you. The cookies are so cute! They did a great job on them. My daughter is a teacher also and she has 2 boys about the same age as yours. I like the grey or oatmeal colored yarn in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Morticia is stunning--what a beautiful job you did. I am having a hard time believing that Halloween is come and gone--now we really start the march to Christmas. Originally I wasn't going to knit gifts for anyone, but now I think I might do a couple---peer pressure! ;)
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morticia is beautiful.I haven't figured out where people find the space to block large shawls either. Picot edges DO take forever - and they eat yarn - but they make for such a nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morticia is lovely. I have yet to block something large that I've been happy with. I'm always fussing with it..pulling this this edge just a little...and then oops..that whole section is out of wack... *sigh* You did a great job...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Morticia looks fantastic, love it! Those biscuits look yum and much fun I suspect was had by them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing Morticia. I tip my hat to you. I never have the patience for that kind of knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay biscuits! It looks like they're having so much fun! Morticia looks amazing! You've done such a great job! I can't give you any advise on blocking since I'm really a rookie at it.. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete