Sunday 22 February 2015

Year of Projects Update - week 34


We have had such a lovely week.  Me and the boys went to Somerset to spend the week with my mum and dad.  It meant we were able to relax and do very little for a few days.  I did, however, manage to fit in a fair bit of knitting.

I finished Abate - Daniel loves it, and, although the arms are a bit long, he has worn it lots.


I finished the bag - I just need to find the right handles now to complete it.

Most excitingly though.... I have made good progress on my Christmas jumper!!  This was supposed to be finished this last year, but I hardly started it.  Now I have finished the bottom ribbing and the first colourwork part, and am making my way up the body.

Very exciting stuff!

I have also finished my Coco this morning, which was so easy and straightforward I am very tempted to change my mind and have this as my wedding outfit.  I know it looks a little like a sack here, but I think it looks better IRL!!

As a result of completing a couple of projects I have CO some more!  I have CO Aiken by Andi Satterlund and snow socks.  Oh yes, and an Abate for Thomas.
To see more of a year of projects click here

8 comments:

  1. Very nice finishes....Daniel looks so happy in the picture...great smile! Love the colors of the bag...good luck on finding handles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. It is so rewarding when a child will wear something made for them and do it willingly. Love the bag and the sweater. Coco looks totally comfortable and I can see why you would love to make another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He loves is so proud of his jumper! And I love the look of the start of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniel is as cute as a bugs ear! He looks adorable in his sweater. I sure love the gray and white of your sweater--can't wait to see more of it. Have a super week....
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Christmas jumpers sure looks like a beauty! And yay for finishing the jumper...fortunately you can wrap long sleeves over your hands for extra warmth...hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome finishes! I love the cabling on that bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little man is too cute in his new jumper. I love your color work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super finishes, your son is so sweet in that jumper! Good luck with the Aiken; it's a wonderful pattern!

    ReplyDelete