Sunday 10 April 2016

A Year of Projects Update - week 41

I have many WIP's this week so I thought I'd put them all on show together!
WIP's
So starting from top left, I have made progess on my Donder and Blitzen hat and am nearly on my reindeer now!  Iam using some plucky that I was gifted and some leftover Louisa Harding.
Clockwise to this is my Arne and Carlos socks.  So called because that is the yarn that I am using by Regia.  I am doing a vanilla sock - 1 inch of 1 by 1 ribbing, then I'm going to 6 or 7 inches of stockinette and then I'm going to do a fish lips kiss heel on these as it is one I have not used before.
Continuing clockwise is the Xmas sweater.  I have promised my form I will have this ready for this Christmas, so I must get going with this!
Lastly clockwise is my worsted boxy, knitted in Cascade 220.
And in the middle is Peeping Cowl from Interpretations 3.  I am knitting this from Mellifera yarn cash sock, in four colours.
My last WIP is separate as it is just a teaser.  I have started a test for Ruth, and this is a little shot of Farraige.  Iam using Debbie Bliss Rialto lace that I had left from Morticia a couple of years ago.
 I have no FO's, but I do have an acquisition.
For my birthday last week I got these - Hiya Hiya wooden 5" short set.  I am using these for Peeping cowl and the test and so far am loving them.
 I also made a Dominique skirt by Tilly and the Buttons, but I haven't photographed this yet. I will try to do so today and post it next week.
Otherwise we visited the British wildlife centre this week and became members.  The boys loved the otters and hedgehogs but I loved the red squirrels
 We also went to Brands Hatch last week to see the touring cars which was good.  It's back to school on Monday for the last term of the year so back to the grindstone!!
  To see what everyone is up to click here

5 comments:

  1. I am on my vacation this week...so I hope to get some projects done...lucky you...nice birthday gift...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have a lot going on and they are all super neat projects! I just saw that A&C Regia yarn on Susan B. Anderson's podcast from last year fall? She was using that same yarn and boy do I want some! Gorgeous socks! I can't wait to see your other WIP's close up....reindeer hat sounds wonderful and the purple with the snowflake pattern is lovely! They all are, I just got confused! LOL! I want to learn fair isle but I think I need a class for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, P.S. Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! What a wonderful gift. You have many projects on the go and that is a good thing. That way you are never board with just one. I am excited to see the new shawl by Ruth. I am totally in love with her last one and am seriously thinking of doing it. But I wanted to wait to see what her last in the trilogy looked like before I made a final decision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! What a wonderful gift. You have many projects on the go and that is a good thing. That way you are never board with just one. I am excited to see the new shawl by Ruth. I am totally in love with her last one and am seriously thinking of doing it. But I wanted to wait to see what her last in the trilogy looked like before I made a final decision.

    ReplyDelete