Sunday 10 December 2017

A Year of Projects Update - week 24

The week's keep flying by in a blur!  I am feeling much more prepared this week though.  The house is decorated, the presents are wrapped and cards are written.  That said I decided to add to my WIP's this week.
WIP's 
The projects that have had all of my attention this week are both for me.  My advent socks
and my Land of Sweets cowl by Helen Stewart
Both are out of my advent calendar by Little French Meadow. 
I do now have three projects that are on a deadline - Thomas's Christmas jumper, mum's Christmas socks and I have decided to knit my gram a pair of mittens/wristwarmers.
Now, of course I only have 2 weeks to do all of these.  But if Thomas's jumper isn't ready for this year it will fit next year, I can always knit mum's socks and give them to her before we leave (that gives me until new year) and I should be able to whip up a pair of DK wristwarmers.  So we will see what we can do.
I hope everyone has a lovely week, do check out what everyone else has been up to from the side bar.

6 comments:

  1. loving both of your advent knits. That yarn is just so darn cheerful! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your positive outlook. I believe you can do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your socks and cowl. It is going to be so much fun to wear them together.
    The yarn is wonderful so I checked out the shop. Based in the U.K. I suppose shipping to the States would be insane, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The socks and the cowl are really coming along. I'm really curious about the candy bowl they are sitting on. I see Skittles, but I can't help but wonder what else is in there. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your advent knits, they are lovely. And it's so true, the weeks seem to fly by at the moment. Can't believe we only have 2 weeks left before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love the idea of advent socks... next year maybe!

    Your deadline knitting sounds pretty organized, and I'd bet you can whip up a pair of DK wrist warmers in a couple of days! I highly recommend the Susie Roger's Reading Mitts pattern. It's my go-to!

    ReplyDelete