Sunday 14 October 2018

A Year of Projects Update - week 16

I finished my Ess shawl.  During the week I quickly realised I was going to run out of the 5th skein!  I decided then that I didn't really want to get another skein and that it was plenty big enough.  So instead of a triangle I have a trapezoid.  Once I had cut the steek of course, which was great fun and then fashioning the fringe from the steek stitches was magic.

The pattern is from Anna Maltz's book Marlisle, and the yarn is Eden Cottage yarn oakworth dk.  I love it.

I am also making progress on Rugged coat by Joji.
And I have made some progress on my Strictly socks.
Of course I am now excited about the next cast on!  I want to cast on a twiddle muff for my gran for Christmas, and I want to finish the second mitt (Delftig - also from the Marlisle book) for me.  I also want to cast on Julgrun by Andi Satterlund as a Christmas jumper for me to join Ruth in an informal make along - I too want a Christmas outfit , and I would quite like to make it myself!
So I think that is all I have been up to and my imminent plans - I hope everyone's week is going well.

6 comments:

  1. Your Ess Shawl is looking great Lucy, I love it and I bet it's squishy and warm to wear! More great progress on your Rugged and Strictly projects, you'll be through them in no time. Will you wait to finish those before starting the Julgran?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another blog today making something with Eden Cottage yarn, I wonder if there are stockists in the UK. Yummy sock colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fringe on your Ess Shawl. I wish I could have watched you steek it and see the fringe form. I look forward to seeing the twiddle muff you make. I started one last year, but never finished adding twiddly stuff to it. Maybe if I had someone in mind to give it to, I'd be more motivated to finish it. Anyway... I look forward to seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Ess shawl is great. Loving the fringe. Steeking is so scary sounding. Someday I will give it a go.

    You made good progress on your socks as well as your Rugged Coat. Your wish list of things to cast on and finish is quite inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am totally in love with that fringed shawl! It moved a lot further up on my "to knit" list - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great shawl and I love the colors....it turned out so great. Rugged is looking good and so are the socks. Love the Eden Cottage yarns. I wish I could get that much done in a week! Take care!

    ReplyDelete