Sunday 13 January 2019

A Year of Projects Update - week 29

It has been the first full week back at school and so my crafting time has been limited.  Still  have managed to do a few things.
Thought I would share a photo of my only long term WIP.
This is a scarf that I cast on one and a half years ago.  I am using a yarn that was gifted to me from Painted Desert.  I am trying to do two rows a day and so I am now about 3/4 done.
I am also slowly ploughing through my Christmas cast on.  These are being knit in yarn from Little French Meadow and the pattern is loosely based on the hazelnut socks by Helen Stewart.
I am nearly done with my Christmas jumper (Julgrun) by Andi Satterlund.  I have done all but the sleeves and it knits so quickly I don't envisage these to take too long.
I also had a bit of a purge in the bedroom yesterday.  I cleared out a whole lot of clothes, partly to make more room and partly to tidy the place a little.
And I think that is all I have been up to this week.  Check out the link in the sidebar for more.

9 comments:

  1. The Julgrun really did knit up quickly! What will you pair that with when it's finished? Love the speckling in the French Meadow yarn and good job on the two rows on the scarf a day, it will be done before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the Julgrun sweater, very pretty! And I also like your christmas cast on socks, especially the speckled yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you are knitting socks 2 at a time on magic loop, I can’t understand what happens when you get to the heels, interested to see more photos of these socks as they develop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good golly. Your sweater (jumper) is practically knitting itself. What a gorgeous color too. The socks are coming right along. The speckled yarn isperfect for that pattern. The scarf......why do the take so long to knit up? I dread making them just for that reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the christmas jumper - so subtle. Have you been watching Marie Kondo too? I am all into organizing now I have watched her Netflix series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! I am trying to 'finish' some long standing items and also de-cluttering....I got '3 bags full' from my closet this past week. Love the French Meadow yarn you're using...so pretty. The sweater is amazing and I love the Christmas Tree...is that like the one Katie the pod caster made and then she attached little ornaments or sparkly pins? Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've been so productive, that's great. I love the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I noticed the Christmas tree on the front of that sweater before. How fun! Seems everyone is in the decluttering/organizing mood right now. Me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to set concrete goals like "knit two rows a day" with my WIPs. I fear they will never get done, haha! Very nice to see your progress. I'm loving the colour of those socks!

    ReplyDelete