Sunday 10 March 2019

A Year of Projects Update - week 37

We have had a busy week, so it's been a miracle any knitting has gotten done.  However, I have fitted in some!

I only have WIP's this week, but all are coming along nicely.
I have done some more on the Grass River Tunic.  I am now onto the waist decreases, but as it is a fingering weight it is taking a while. 
The socks are progressing well.  We are at shortie length now, but I want longer so we are still going for the time being.  You never know they could be finished next week.
The only spanner in the works is that I have cast on a new project that I am loving.  I finally cast on Nasreen from Pom Pom 26.  I have had this yarn for about a year now and it has been wound up for most of this.  I am loving this project.  The yarn is amazing.  It is Rosy Green yarn and is 100% merino - all organically sourced and dyed.  I love it.  The pattern is constructed in bits then seamed.  It is reminding me of Stephen West at the moment and I love it. 
And that is a wrap for this week!  Hope everyone has a great week.

8 comments:

  1. I have a stack of Pom Pom magazines, but I haven't ever knit anything from them. That shawl looks gorgeous. I'll have to see if I have that issue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have 3 very lovely WIP's. I can not imagine doing a tunic in fingering weight. That is going to take a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’ve some lovely autumnal tones going on in your projects. I look forward to seeing how they progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors I'm seeing in your projects, Lucy. Busy or no, I'm always impressed at what you manage to get done. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it funny how new projects keep calling to us no matter what wips are in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, that Nasreen is lovely! Not surprised it's distracting you from the other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Nasreen looks so lovely even now with a wee start on it Lucy! No wonder you can't put it down! Great progress on the Tunic and socks, you know I still love a fingering weight garment even though it can be slow going.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your projects are coming along but now that new project is really stunning in that yarn! Wowza! Just gorgeous! I feel a yarn order for myself coming on! LOL!

    ReplyDelete