Sunday 17 March 2019

A Year of Projects Update - week 38

Some progress has been made this week and I have a (tiny) FO!
Thomas was home from school this week for 3 days so I had to stay with him (nothing too terrible just miserable with cold and possibly flu.  Which was obviously bad, but I did get to do some knitting.
As a result I have put in some time on both of my sweaters.
Nasreen is coming along nicely.  I am really enjoying this knit and the yarn is wonderful.  I am now making my way through the angled stripes on the front.  So I have the top band and the back to go.
And the Grass River Tunic is going nicely as well. I am now onto the hip shaping, but it essentially now just stockinette in the round.
I did also make progress on my socks but I am so nearly finished I will take pictures when I am done.
I do have an FO.
It is coming up to Daniel's birthday.  He is having an animal party.  I wanted to do most of the organisation (apart from the actual party) myself, to perhaps save some pennies and to be as environmentally friendly as possible.  So have made the invites myself (I will show next week when they are printed) and was going to make some knitted guinea pigs to give as little gifts to the invitees. In one of the groups on Ravelry, I was inspired by another member to modify a pattern to make guinea pigs as pencil toppers - so I have made a prototype.  They have been approved by Daniel, so I am now into full production!
And that is that for this week.  I hope everyone has a relaxing and crafty week.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I clicked on Nasreen link and think that will be lovely when finished, such an interesting construction. Some designers are so creative. Cute guinea pig topper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the guinea pig topper. Aren't you clever?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh how cute is the Guinea Pig pencil topper Lucy! What unusual and really cool gifts those will be!
    I love the stripes in the Nasreen and you've made great progress on it in the past week.
    I really love the Grass River Tunic though, it's definitely a garment I'd knit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your sweaters are wonderful. The Nasreen is super interesting. That would be the one I would make for myself. What a clever idea for a party treat. The guinea pig pencil topper is splendid and I am sure all the guests will have so much fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! Nasreen is very cool. And Grass River is lovely. What fun and beautiful projects to add to your wardrobe, Lucy! What fun, planning a birthday party. When my boys were young I enjoyed pouring myself into making a party for them personal with hand-made touches. Your little guinea pig pencil topper is cute! And will be a popular treat for the guests, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving those stripes and especially in those colors! Grass River is gorgeous...I think that color is so lovely but I can't wear it but I love it. the party sounds great and you made your own invites too? The pencil toppers are darling...I hope you don't have to make too many though. You always throw such great celebrations for your children.

    ReplyDelete