Monday 5 August 2019

A Year of Projects Update - week 5

We have had a very pleasant week and will finish off with us at Snetterton race circuit camping for the weekend.  I am writing this in the week and will put this up when we return on Monday.
I have an FO this week!
The shortie socks are finished and have been well used already.
This is a toe up version of the Rose City Rollers with a German short row heel.  I used some leftover Christmas yarn from Amy at Stranded dyeworks, with a tiny bit of a random mini to make the leg a little longer.
I also cast on Epistrophy using some Coldwater Mill yarn that I bought a few years ago.  A photo will be provided next week!
I didn't cast on Faraige as I had some minor moth dramas!  I found evidence of moths in both sets of yarn for Faraige and Epistrophy, so into the freezer went most of the yarn for 72 hours.  There was some for Epistropy that was fine so I started with that, but had to wait for the rest.  Following it's icing, I then put the yarn on the back shelf of my car to heat up, so hopefully I have them.  I also invested in some industrial strength moth traps.  I already have lavender all over the place but obviously that wasn't enough.
Last week I also worked on some candles for Christmas.  It was so easy, I made 5 although I have lots more mugs to go.
Lastly I will leave you with some cushion covers that I made for Daniel a few weeks ago.  He picked out the fabric and I ran them up for him a bit later.  He loves them!

6 comments:

  1. Moths......one problem we do not have were I live. Hopefully your wool is ok. The socks turns our very cute. I am in love with the RCR sock pattern. Thank you for suggesting it. The pillows are adorable. It's so nice when our children want us to make things for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all my yarn in plastic sandwich type bags from Ikea as they sell huge ones, then they are in plastic tubs too. We had a few hot days with windows open and saw some of the gold coloured wool moths! We have wool carpet upstairs and I’d rather they eat that than my yarn 😂. Did you write the toe up version of the RCR yourself. I’d like to try reversing the HES pattern to toe up but not sure I could do it. Cute cushions. I fancy having a go at candle making at some point

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my moths. I hate those little b&ggers! (Almost as much as I hate silver fish, but at least they don't eat wool!) I love love love the socks - as soon as I can knit again those are in my queue!! and I have just the yarn for them in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness... those pillows are adorable! And your socks are pretty! I hope you've conquered the moths. That would be a worrisome thing to encounter in one's yarn! I'm curious who'll be enjoying the candle mugs at Christmas? Fun gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shortie socks= adorableness! You are the 2nd person I have seen knitting these-- I think Marsha is the other person. Did you find a toe-up version or just make it up yourself?

    Aack! Moths! We have them flitting around here too--hopefully you were able to de-moth your yarn successfully.

    Happy summer thoughts sent to you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete