Sunday 11 August 2019

A Year of Projects Update - Week 6

We have had a nice quiet week here.  We have just spent lots of time relaxing and crafting.  We are about to enter a fairly busy couple of weeks, so I will probably not post next week.  I will try to update in pictures in a couple of weeks!
But for now I have lots of progress - no finished objects - but lots of knitting has happened.
First up are my stripey socks.  I have turned the heel on my second sock and am now making my way along the leg.  This is yarn from Dragon Hill studio and I did quite a long leg on the first sock, so I have a little way to go.
I have made great progress on Epistrophy.  I have all but finished the body and am now working the sleeves.  This is a cardigan by Kate Davies for the Yokes book and the yarn is from Coldharbour Mill.  This is my proper first full steeked project so I am quite excited by that part.
I have also finally cast on Fariage from Pom Pom.  This is using my moth saved yarn and is going very nicely at the moment!
The yarn is my own dyed using onion skins.
And finally, I joined the ChelseaMakes Patreon group because I love the knitting she comes out with.  She is hosting a brioche along from the 16th August.  Now brioche has been on my list of things to master for a long time so I thought I would take the plunge.  I first was going to have a go at a hat, but soon thought if I have to master increases and decreases as well I may as well try a garment I might use - so Askews Me here we come!
I shall be attempting Askews Me by Stephen West which is a fully brioched sweater with lots of leftover yarn - wish me luck!

And that is it for this week.  As I said, I may not check in next week as we are away this week, then meeting Darren at the weekend and then going on holiday. 

8 comments:

  1. I was thinking how pretty your yarn is on Fariage, so well done that you dyed it yourself! Very pretty variations in the colour shades. Brioche is on my list to learn and I have yarn and a pattern I’d like to make so I may have a look at ChelseaMakes group. And you are steeking a jumper as well! I’m a long way from being brave enough from trying that. Have a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have gotten quite a bit done on you jumper. Steeking scares me. Have you done it before? Love the color of the yarn you dyed with onion skins. So glad you were able to save it from the moths. The Askew Me sweater is grand. What a way to learn a new technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on tackling a stephen west sweater and in brioche no less. I can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness... your yarn dyed with onion skins is gorgeous, Lucy! To think that something we throw away made that?!? I am looking forward to being around when you steek Epistrophy. Steeking sounds like the craziest thing in the world to me, but I'm stoked to watch your success with it. That's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are certainly off to a great start this YOP season. Love your stripey socks and "steeking" ...wow! Your Farriage is wonderful with saving it from destruction and hand dying it too....lovely! I just threw away onion skins yesterday...dang it! I'll be saving them from now on. I have been saving avocado seeds. I need to check out Chelsea Makes and good luck with the brioche! Have fun on your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your socks, steeking sounds terrifying! You are brave.Love your yarn died with onion skins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEKK! Steeking! Your projects are fantastic--I wish I had the courage to try some of those sweater patterns. And man are you a fast knitter! I have never tried Brioche before -- something tells me I should check it out.
    I hope your busy next couple of weeks are filled with fun, laughter and joy!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete