Sunday 14 January 2024

A Year of Projects Update - week 28

 Here we are in the longest month of the year!

I think I have been reasonably productive this week!

Firstly I made a list!  I like a list (one of the reasons I am part of the YOP group) - but despite having the list I made on here as part of that group, I really like a hard copy, hand produced list - I'm a bit of a technophobe at heart.  So I made this list

Anyway, of these projects, I have made progress on my socks.

I have turned the heel and now making my way up the leg - so going well!  This is a yarn from Eden Cottage yarn and I'm using the blueberry waffle pattern.

I have also cast on the Delovely skirt in Yarnadelic by John Arbon Textiles - I haven't got too far yet!

Otherwise, I did a bit more in the garden and made some bread and butternut squash soup for the week.  I used to be into making bread but stopped for quite a while.  It didn't help, that I was using up old yeast that I had bought in bulk, which wasn't working.  Now I have new yeast and hope to get the bug back again!

I  also cut the fabric for a little jacket, so hope to get that started this week.

I think that is it - now to put the dinner on!  I hope everyone has a great week!


6 comments:

  1. Haha. Must have been the week for butternut squash soup as I also made a batch. I think it's my favorite soup. At home I make it with sage but didn't have any here in Florida so I used some curry powder. I like sage better. Knitting a skirt!! That will be quite a project. Love your use of colored pens and a project grid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That butternut squash soup sounds heavenly. It is so cold here (for us) right now. Soup would be a welcomed meal. And with some homemade bread...........lovely. Your socks will be done in no time. That pattern is so cushy looking. What a pretty color for your skirt. I remember several tops you have made that will go quite well with it. Have a grand week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hankering for soup too, but I'm the only one in my household who likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m excited to see your skirt! I keep thinking I’d like to knit one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sock pattern looks neat. Also getting back into bread making over here! I’ve got a sourdough starter going. ~Jen @Carolina Tales

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh now I thought the skirt would be knit in the round, is it back and forth for a zip or will it be wrap around, I’m not going to look it up and will just wait to see what happens next. Mmm I may make some soup and bread this week, it’s been a while. Your list sounds great for 2024.

    ReplyDelete