Sunday 21 January 2024

A Year of Projects Update - week 29

 This week has flown by and little was done during the week.  Next week is due to be a bit stressful, with the moderator coming to school for A level biology on Monday, the same day as my older sons birthday,  and then later in the week it is his parents evening!  So I don't foresee much being done this coming week either!  At least it gets it all done!

Anyway, I do have a finish this week.  The first pair of socks for the year.  Knit in a skein from Eden Cottage that I got in their secret stash box a few years ago.

I need to weave in the ends, but I consider them done.

I have also made some progress on Delovely.

I have completed the waistband (that was knit in part back and forth) and have now joined in the round to start the hip increases.  I am using Yarnadelic by John Arbon Textiles. 

Other than those, I have done some baking today in preparation for the week ahead.  I made a chicken pie and a quiche, so that is two dinners sorted!

And so, that is that, I am not looking forward to the week ahead, the weather is supposed to be horrible with high winds (at least we no longer have the tree!) but by next weekend I will have done it all so that's what I'm aiming for!!  Hope everyone has a great week.  😊

5 comments:

  1. Those socks look so squishy and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks look lovely. Hopefully all the things this week will go well for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first socks look great. My hubby made chicken pot pie this week. It's already made 2 meals. I suspect it will be tonight's dinner as well to finally finish it off. I do love chicken pot pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those socks look cozy and warm. I hope you fare well through the storm. High winds are no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your busy week is going well, storm Jocelyn is currently raging outside…hope you are managing to sleep through all these stormy nights. Liz

    ReplyDelete