Sunday 10 February 2019

A Year of Projects Update - Week 33

Slow and steady has been this week.  The boiler was fixed last Sunday and in the end it was an easy fix.  Thank you all for your support last week.
We also had a broken toilet seat last week and the toilet is a non standard one so it took a while to source a new one!  We have it now and just need to fit it.
Progress on projects has been happening.  I went to the knit group with Daniel yesterday and made lots of progress on his Flax.  I am more than half way down the body and will try to do some more today.
The wool is a mega ball of aran from one of my friends.  It appears to be the tardis of balls of wool as it is not getting any smaller!
I did make some progress on my socks but you can't tell so no pic this week.
I am zipping through the second legwarmer and am now more than halfway through this.
The yarn here is repurposed from a top that I had frogged earlier in the year.
I have also started the Grass River Tunic by Elizabeth Doherty.  I am at the first set of increases for the armhole.  I think this should progress more when Flax is finished.
And finally, I have been really good at not buying any yarn (I am going to Unravel in a couple of weeks so am saving myself), but I saw this on Instagram and fell in love.  I have never got anything by Twisted Limone and missed out again on this update, but...  Karen (at Twisted Limone) said that she would do custom listings, so I tried my luck.  Karen was brilliant and dyed it that day and in the week this arrived at my door
It is beautiful.  I don't know what it will become, for the time being I am going to keep it and pet it!
I hope everyone has a great week.

9 comments:

  1. I’m glad your boiler got fixed. Your Twisted Limone yarn looks lovely. Amy from Strandec Dye works is going to be a vendor at Unravel. I haven’t been able to get any of her Anti-Valentine colourway as it goes so quickly in her shop updates. I am supposed to be on a yarn buying freeze but it’s hard when there’s something that keeps taking your eye and so I understand you keeping your custom order as a pet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, that Twisted Limone yarn looks scrumptious! You've been really productive this week. The Flax (with the tardis of yarn balls, hah!) is such a nice color with all those tweedy flecks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Twisted Limone yarn is yummy. I would just sit and pet it too. Daniel's sweater is coming right along. How nice to have never ending yarn! LOL Have fun at Unravel. I bet you find some yumalicious yarn there too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the tweedy look of that sweater. I wouldn't mind if I had such cool yarn that never ended. ;^) Enjoy your Twisted Limone yarn, and just think how fun it will be to buy more new yarn finally at Unravel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! Glad the boiler is repaired and the toilet seat is in house! I've had both those issues this year too. Love all your projects and the yarn you chose...the patterns and the colors. Your Twisted Limone yarn is scrumptious! No shops and no festivals here. I really need to go somewhere where there are some but then I would probably spend money I shouldn't....the internet is bad enough but oh so glad I have it! Enjoy the coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for heat and a place to sit while you....well, you know. I love the twisted Limone yarn. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got your boiler fixed. Daniels Flax is really coming along. Love the Twisted Limone yarn, I'd keep it also to pet for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah that things got fixed! I love, love, love me some self stripe yarn, especially in Gobstopper balls! It's lovely! I've never been able to get some Twisted Limon...but I'm on a no-buy until end of April, when my local yarn festival is held.

    ReplyDelete