Sunday 3 April 2022

A Year of Projects Update - week 40

 Well it's been a fairly calm week here in the run up to the Easter holiday.  I have managed a certain amount of knitting in amongst some other fun things!

Yesterday, while my husband and older son travelled to watch some football, me and Daniel went to the theatre to see Skellig.  Daniel read the book last year and really liked it, so I thought he would enjoy this, and he did!  We then went out for pizza afterwards.   No photos - we just had a nice time!

In knitting I have been going round and round on Soorik. 

This is John Arbon Textiles Exmoor Zwartbles DK and the pattern is from the Shetland Trader book 3.  It is making good TV/podcast knotting as I don't have to think about anything!

I also cast on a blanket this week.  One coffee my colleagues is pregnant so I thought this time I would knit a baby blanket.  I chose a pattern I already bought last year as part of a collection by Stephen West when I did one of his classes.  It is the Painting Honeycombs blanket.

J am using a whole bunch of leftover Sifdar snuggly for this and so hope it will also be a good stashbuster.

And that is that for this week.  I have parents evening this week but other than that it should be a quiet run up to the holidays - hurrah!  I hope everyone has a great week.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad things have been quiet for you recently! I hope the week slides smoothly into the Easter holiday season for you.
    The sweater is looking lovely. It looks like it will be a wearable addition to your wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the blanket pattern you have chosen for the baby blanket. It already looks so soft and warm. Your sweater is coming along quite well. How nice to have a mindless TV knitting project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hurray for stash busting projects!
    Jillx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that blanket pattern looks so cool and looks to be a great stash buster. So nice to have memories of a play and pizza with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That will be a fun baby blanket for the baby to feel the texture and colours, a great choice. Before you know it the Easter break will be with you. My niece and nephew get 3 weeks off at their school!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your Painted Honeycomb blanket. I too have a bunch of Sifdar Snuggly that was gifted to me. Thanks for the great idea!!

    ReplyDelete