Sunday 10 April 2022

A Year of Projects Update - week 41

 Here I am for the third week running - a recent record!

We have made it to the Easter holidays and Covid testing permitting, we are hoping to go and see my mum and dad this week - hurrah!  I am hoping as we have all had it recently, we should be ok.

We have very few plans for this first week, until Thursday, when myself and Daniel will make the trip to Somerset.  Other than that, there is a bit of gardening planned,  some cooking and baking and hopefully lots of crafting. 

Anyway, this is about the last week, so I have been making steady progress this week through 2 projects.

The baby blanket is coming along - it is quite addictive and just putting in random colours is fun.

I am knittingvthis out of some sparkle DK and various greeny/neutral Sirdar snuggly that I have in stash.  The pattern is painting honeycombs by Stephen West.

Talking of Stephen West,  I signed up for his brioche basics workshops this week as I have been intending to learn brioche for years.  I hope to start that this week.

My other project is my Soorik,  which is a pinafore from the Shetland Trader book three. 

Since it is a pinafore I am still on the miles and miles of stockinette,  but that makes it good mindless knitting.

So, the rest of today I will be knitting and looking through some cookbooks to find some different meals.

I will be at mum's next week but will endeavour to keep up the posting from there.  I hope everyone has a great week. 

7 comments:

  1. That is a great blanket pattern. I will have to keep it in mind for future blanket knitting. Fingers crossed all goes well for your Easter visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your Easter visit goes as planned! That is a great blanket pattern. The colors are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am fascinated by the blanket. Such lovely texture to it and the colors are great. Enjoy your Easter Holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for seeing your mum!!! That baby blanket is going to be so loved by its recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo, Easter holidays at last. My fingers are crossed for you being able to see your mum. I’d be interested to know if Stephen covers fixing mistakes and shows up close what to do to fix mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your baby blanket is gorgeous, I've heard of brioche crochet but know nothing about it so I look forward to hearing more!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete