Monday 12 February 2024

A Year of Projects Update - week 32

 Oh my, so I nearly missed this week as well!

I think, despite the fact that I have made progress on my projects, I will do a quick update and work towards a proper update next week!

A couple of weeks ago my mum got taken into hospital.  She was there for a week while they put in a bile duct stent and found a tumour.   She is the sole carer for my dad who therefore, had to be put into respite care.   Mum and dad live 4 hours away and so my brother stayed with her and looked after dad in those initial days.  When she was due to come out she obviously needed someone there which was me.  So I went to Somerset for last week to look after her.  I returned Saturday morning and am going back at the end of this week for just a couple of days.

So all in all, its been a bit crazy and hence no update last week.  This week is half term and so hopefully, I will be able to do a proper update next Sunday.

I hope everyone is well and has a good week. 

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes. Caring for elderly parents is VERY difficult. My dad has never been the same since his hospitalization last August even though the doctor can find nothing wrong to treat. Dad sleeps probably 20 hours a day. We are lucky that my brother lives 15 minutes away, I live an hour away (when I'm in Ohio). His "girlfriend" (of 25 years) daughter and grandson also live 15 minutes away and have Dad over for dinner every Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully your mum recovers soon. Take care of you too. May your dad be able to come home soon too.

    ReplyDelete