Monday 1 May 2023

A Year of Projects Update - week 45

Oh dear!
I don't know what happened last week, I even started a post but only got to the first sentence.   Then I had great intentions yesterday,  but a post did not transpire!
So, I'm writing this on Monday as better late than never. 
It is a bank holiday weekend here in the UK and we have a strike day tomorrow so it is quite relaxed at the moment.  I have filled the time with gardening,  baking and knitting. 
As I haven't posted for a couple of weeks,  I do have progress to report!
I finished Takumi. 
I will get a blocked and modelled shot soon.  I am very happy with this - it is knit in yarn from Skein Queen and is a pattern by East London Knits.
I also finished my Christmas socks in yarn from Stranded Dyeworks. 
And now I am knitting on another pair of socks which is Knees up that I am knitting as some walking socks. 
These are knit in stash yarn - I am not sure what the fingering weight is but the DK is Mellifera yarn who no longer dyes.
Today I am hoping to work more on these and start my second Tegna. 
Anyway, better go and get going!  I hope everyone has a great week and I will leave you with progress of the ducklings!



4 comments:

  1. Love your Christmas socks. Always makes me smile to knit Christmas things. Love the Tegna pattern. I'll look forward to watching yours progress. Enjoy the cute ducklings. Speaking of blocking - gotta run to get mine out of the water and wired up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the sweater and socks finish. The tegna pattern is a goody. What color will this one be? Those ducklings have grown quickly. Enjoy the days off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sweater is lovely...is it a cardigan? I need to make some garments....both knitting and sewing. Love the Christmas socks with the contrasting toes and heels.
    What are walking socks? Are those what we used to call knee socks? Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz here. I love those Christmas socks, I saw Jude had some purple red yarn in his shop update that I struggled to avoid buying. Your cardi looks great, another gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete