Sunday 5 October 2014

Year of Projects Update - week 13


And yet another week flies by!!
I have a few little finishes this week, one for the stall and 3 for us.
Firstly I have been trying to produce some little stockings for the tree that would hold some chocolate coins.  The first 2 ended up far too big (so these will be for us - lots of chocolate coins!!) and the third pretty much perfect.

I will try to knock up some more of these this week - although I have designated this week Xmas bauble knitting week - as you do!

Second finish was Daniels hat with a pom pom.  I knit him a snowman, so here he is!


Its not brilliant but all he wants is a pom pom to squish so it will do - when it gets colder I have a hat knitted last year for him.

Other than that I have knitted some on my second Raspberry tart and my second attempt at the socks is coming along nicely.

Thats all for now, will probably go swimming in a bit - will be visiting later.  If you want to read some more please visit us in the Year of Projects group on Ravelry.

10 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely finishes and starts and the snowman hat and model is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks is such a great idea. Love me some chocolate coins. The hat is adorable but the model is much cuter. Your socks look great and I am sure you will do fin on them. Love the color or the raspberry tart. Good job this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of dedicating a week to Christmas bauble knitting!! Love the snowman hat and the very sweet looking model!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Christmas knitting! How about doing some of mine? My whole week has been about avoiding the things I ought to be doing, and now I"m trying a 'rum cure' for everything that ails me! The little stockings are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely little snowman hat and stockings! I look forward to seeing your progress on the other items.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great little hat... and your model is even cuter :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't really thought about Christmas crafting yet....and I think he looks adorable in the hat..it made me smile.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just starting to think about working on Christmas items. I've been wondering about making some stockings for a while, but I feel like it will take a very special yarn to be just right for me. There's something about red and sparkles, I just can't resist!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the socks are adorable :) HO ho ho :) Love the hat and the pom pom is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those three stockings would make a cute garland for your tree in a spot. The snowman hat is a smile. Your boy is very happy. That green colorway is soothing.

    ReplyDelete