Sunday, 12 October 2014

Year of Projects Update


Well bauble knitting week has gone very well!  However, I will need more bauble knitting weeks to make enough - they were very enjoyable so this is no hardship.  This week I shall designate wreath knitting week!


I have also made a little progress on the sock and my second raspberry tart, but no pics as the progress is not noticeable.

I blogged in the week about my new project here.  This is my whole outfit project to go to my SIL's wedding.  I will add it to my YOP list.  I have already bought the pattern for the dress and some fabric to make a muslin.

I have actually got myself ready for an epic sewing session next weekend when I intend to make all of the following fabric pieces into; a wrap dress, a tie top, 2 project bags and the start of a quilt.  Well that is the intention!

I also think I have settled on Fragile Heart by Boo Knits as my shawl and I have bought some yarn from Mellifera yarn to possibly make it with - some silky sock.

Well that is about it - my husband is cycling in a charity cycle today so I will be off to provide back up!!  Have a good day.

11 comments:

  1. What really cute baubles and I look forward to seeing the results of wreath week. That is a mammoth sewing weekend your planning, looking forward to seeing it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy! That's a lot of sewing...good luck! Love the little holiday things...the robin is adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your posts and it makes me smile to think of a week dedicated to baubles or wreaths.... I really need to get refocused... so may use you as my inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shawl pattern you picked is so lovely. I can hardly wait to see it made up. I love the dress pattern also and I am sure it will be stunning on you and with the shawl......You might out shine the bride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, stupid American over here.....baubles are.....is that what we call ornaments for Christmas trees? Or am I missing something here?

    Either way, they're cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can hardly wait to see those baubles in a wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa Nellie! You are my role model! I love how you want to make everything yourself....I am the same way except in a much slower mode. I love your little Christmas ornies and also your patterns for dress and shawl. I've been wanting to make underwear but more substantial than what you showed! LOL! At my age I want as much coverage a s possible! Ha! Ha! I can't wait to see your progress and I'm so glad you added it to your YOP list as I love to see sewing, quilting,cross stitch...whatever!
    Oh, the cake too? I would have to learn that and it's something I've always wanted to learn. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, those Christmas ornaments are adorable. I love the little robin bauble!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh! I am in love with yarn Christmas ornaments. I know what's getting added on to my list for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are starting all things! That's awesome. Fortunately I seldom get sewing urges ... especially since I found a dressmaker who makes things cheaper and better than I ever could!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That little Santa hat is my fave.

    ReplyDelete