Sunday 11 December 2016

A Year of Projects Update - week 24

It's all beginning to look a lot like Christmas here.  It does mean that less knitting has been going on.
FO's
I finished the commission that I was working on.  Some people had asked about this - I didn't charge as much as I would have done if it was a stranger that wanted them.  As it was it was a very good friend and they were knit out of a DK weight yarn.  Otherwise, I would have said no!
I also finished my Dad's hat for Christmas - I'm now up to 5 out of 7 and I'm half way through number 6.  I've wrapped it up now without taking a photo, so you will just have to take my word for it..
WIP's
I cast on number 6 and am making my way through that one.
I also have made good progress on my home dyed socks, I have turned the heel, but that is about it.
I hope everyone has a great week.

8 comments:

  1. Reading your post makes me want to pick up one of my sock projects right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Socks, socks, glorious socks. Oh yes, and a hat.
    You are getting all sorted for Christmas I see. Don't run out of steam now..... almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're being really productive on getting through your list. I need some of that self-discipline about now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to work on my socks but they will have to wait....come Christmas it will be all about me! LOL! Well, besides the obvious reason for the season but as far as projects go...they will be mine except for one birthday in January. Good job on the FO's! I love your very own hand dyed socks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. isn't sock knitting just the best? I love the hand-dyed ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. isn't sock knitting just the best? I love the hand-dyed ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doing well on your Christmas knitting. Love the socks. The home dyed is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your posts lately have had me wanting to learn how to knit socks. But since I have it in my mind that they'd be mighty hard, for now I'll keep admiring all your fun sock creations. I bet they're really wonderful to wear, too :)

    ReplyDelete