Monday 15 August 2022

My Capsule Wardrobe - post 1

 Here is my latest project!  I am going to document it here and on it's own dedicated page so that I can follow my own progress. 

Post 1

This year I would like to work on (mainly hand sewing/knitting) a capsule wardrobe.

And this is the plan as it stands today!  I have made the Soorik and a tunic length top.  I have started both a t-shirt and a elasticated waist skirt.  

I am hoping to do most by hand - although I will do some of the zig zag stitches on the stretchier fabrics by machine.  I also hope to use my stash fabrics for these projects.  I bought some cotton linen from Minerva for the saguaro set, so I should have stash for everything else.

 So next up is to finish the t-shirt and skirt - I only have hemming on both to go really.  I think I will then start on the saguaro set.  Both of these will have to wait until we return to school as I am a bit busy prior to that.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice plan. You have a good start already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this very much largely because you're so flexible about which forms to use, knitting, stitching, hand or machine, whichever works best. I'm planning to follow this closely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and a brilliant plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You inspire in so many ways, Lucy.

    ReplyDelete