Sunday 28 April 2019

A Year of Projects Update - week 44

Well it has been a very productive week despite being back at work.  I finished three projects that I detailed here, but will summarise below.
I finished my version of Coco by Tilly and the Buttons.  I haven't worn this yet as I intend to make much use of it throughout May.
I finished my market bag.  In response to lots of questions about strtching, yess it does stretch a lot so is great for holding lots.  Also I like to carry it cross body so it needs to be quite long to be comfortable.  I have been using it all week for school and it has held up very well!
I also finished (sort of) my Grass River Tunic.  This needs ends weaving in and a bit of finishing - also I want to do something to the sleeves.
Talking of sleeves  I also finished Nasreen this week.  I love the body but again am not sure about the sleeves.  For this one I am going to pick up the stitches at the armhold, work some short row shaping and make some short sleeves.

I made a little progress on my socks, but other than that, I have finished everything.  I have therefore, prepared bags and needles for some mitts I want to knit, the Camden Cap by Woolly Wormhead, some rose city rollers and the understated (V neck boxy) sweater by Joji Locatelli.
I will bring you photos of these new projects next week, together, hopefully, with finally finished and blocked pics of my sweaters!
Hope everyone has a great week, please catch up with the rest of the group by clicking the link to the side.

8 comments:

  1. There appears to be a sequin smiley face on your dress. I can’t work out what it could be. The dress looks perfect for May. How exciting having all these new plans and projects to cast on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about redoing the photos, but the smiley is a sticker on the mirror!!

      Delete
  2. The dress is perfect and looks very nice on you. I am looking forward to see what you will do with the sleeves of your sweater. What a gorgeous color it is too. I love oranges but they do not love me. The market bag is fabulous. If folks have never had one they are truly missing out. I have 3 that stay in my car at all times. They are my 'go to' for shopping. The colors you used are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about the pink smiley, too. I saw it on Monday's post, but didn't say anything. Liz asking makes me brave enough to ask, to. :) Love all your finishes, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I know I should have edited on explained the smiley sticker from one of my son's!! It is on the mirror, not the dress.

      Delete
  4. that dress is awesome (love the smiley face on the mirror - too cute). I am glad the bag is working out - it is lovely and so is your sweater. You have been very productive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many lovely makes as usual Lucy and I'm looking forward to seeing your me made may posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great feeling that must be to have so many lovely finishes! I wouldn't know what that feeling is like but I can imagine! LOL! Glad you explained the smiley face. I think I need one of those bags...love all your pretty makes and the dress is darling on you. I can't remember the last time I wore a dress. How exciting to have multiple new cast ons waiting in the wings! Have a great week,Lucy!

    ReplyDelete