Thursday 3 June 2021

Llama pants!

 I made pants today!

I used this brilliant Jersey knit fabric from Minerva - Llama fabric

And I used the free pants pattern on Sozoblog 

I did do a trial run, but thought I knew better than an experienced sewing and that was a mistake.

So I followed the pattern and they worked brilliantly.   Now they don't look brilliant off as the elastic (fold over elastic) has gone all wavy (there is probably a technical term!)

But they fit lovely and are very comfy so that is the main thing.

I sewed all of the seams by hand, using my favorite zig zag stitch.  And I used some old fabric for the gusset.

Next time - and there will be a next time - I shall:

  1. Try to make the front a little higher (I think that is the rise)
  2. Pull the elastic a bit tighter on the waist
  3. Will do the legs pretty much the same
And there you have them - my first pair of llama pants!
#handmadewardobe 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks really hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks hard but actually quite straightforward, just a couple of fiddly bits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cool. Now I need to try it.

    ReplyDelete