Sunday 6 August 2023

A Year of Projects Update - week 5

 We have had a nice relaxing week.  Our internet has been down so the boys have had to find other things to do  but the weather has not been kind this week - so we have spent most of it inside.  As a result, I have done lots of crafting!

I have made progress on my Pineberry from Pompom magazine.

I am knitting this in Eden Cottage yarn.   I have nearly finished the front and the back is done  so just the left front and the ties to go.

I have also made a pair of trousers.  I am going to progress to a suit jacket that goes with them but these are the trousers.  I have a bit of finishing to do but otherwise they are done!

And that is it for this week.   I hope to do a few more activities this week!  We are hoping to get swimming and at the end of the week we are flying to Scotland to watch some touring cars!

Anyway,  I hope everyone has a good week and hopefully I will be able to post next week from Knock Hill.

7 comments:

  1. Liz here. Your trousers look very stylish. I hope it's a bit drier for the racing at Knockhill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice trousers. They look quite comfy too. Do you sew all your clothes by hand now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pineberry shawl is really pretty. Love the texture. It's funny that you are beginning summer break while my starts back to school this week. It's so foolish here in the US that school starts in mid-August, our hottest time of the year. Sad that our teachers' union doesn't push for a more reasonable school schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maureen, as a parent/casual educator, I wish our school year was early-August through May. Taking advantage of the more temperate part of summer to do outdoor fun stuff and the college schedule (because summer camps in my area are staffed largely by college students). When its too hot, no one wants to go outside and do fun stuff. Plus all of the schools in my district are air conditioned.

      Delete
  4. The trousers look great and the Pineberry is so pretty in the Eden Cottage yarn. Sorry about the bad weather but you did get a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun on your trip! Those look like some comfortable pants that will get A LOT of wear!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your trousers look brilliant, can't wait to see the jacket! Love your scarf-wrap-thingy, such a delicate colour

    ReplyDelete