Sunday 28 January 2024

A Year of Projects Update - week 30

 It has been a busy week here, what with moderators and parents evening.   However, I have managed to get a bit done on my skirt and made good inroads to another project!

Firstly, we have had some lovely weather this weekend which makes a change from the wind of late!  Therefore,  I spent sometime in the garden yesterday.  I carried out the big garden birdwatch and dug over the rest of the veg plot.

It was a bit chilly first thing though!

Having done that I got stuck into a new project which is a Vogue pattern jacket.

It's coming together quite nicely although I want to pull in the side seams a bit and finish it inside with bias binding.

I have also made progress on my Delovely skirt and am nearly at the end of the first skein of yarn. 

And that is it for this last week  - hopefully,  this next week should be a little calmer!

Hope you all have a great week 😊 

5 comments:

  1. The jacket will be stunning. The skirt also looks lovely. I am sure it is nice to get out into the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a nice big garden area. The jacket is awesome. What great lines it has. How many skeins will the skirt take?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your jacket looks amazing. Love the collar. Suspect that skirt will take a few skeins. Not sure my attention span runs that long. I'll live vicariously through you. Wow, we can't even do soil prep gardening until April and can't plant until May in our area. Some plant in late April and risk having the plants killed by a late frost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love the look of the jacket, very smart. Your veg plot is really taking shape, have you planned your planting yet? My neighbour suggested we coordinate our seed purchases to share them since they give you so many so I must start planning what I’m going to grow.

    ReplyDelete