Saturday 26 April 2014

what are we up to?

We haven't done a great deal, but I thought I would update on our holiday, Thomas's zoo adventure, the garden, a little knitting and some inspiration from pinterest.

I don't think anyone wanted to come home from our holiday.  We had such fun on the beach - here is the four of them in a hole (my 2 boys and their cousins)!


While me and Daniel went back to work and the childminder, Thomas and Darren went to the zoo.  They went to a new one (for us) called Port Lympne and had a fabulous time.  Thomas came home exhausted and here he is making a face with one of their gorillas!!

The garden is starting to come back to life.  We have sown lots of seedlings and most are in the greenhouse.  The trees are blooming, such as this lilac.

I have cast on a cardigan since finishing Lilys poncho - here it is in its early stages.


I didn't get enough of Mel's yarn to do it entirely in one colour, so I am going to do stripes with gingerbread and honey.
I have also started work on some smaller purses for my craft stall.  Here are the purses in progress.

Finally, my pinterest inspiration for this week are these:

The bag is patchwork - I am building up to making a large tote bag to carry all the 'stuff' in for the boys.  It will probably not be patchwork but I like the idea.  The ice cubes I have done before with herbs, but love the idea of the raspberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment