Sunday 17 May 2015

A Year of Projects Update - week 46

Phew, it's been a busy week!  I have made progress on the stripey socks, the photo was taken a while ago when we had some good weather.  I am currently just past the heel on this second sock.
Daniel had a birthday this week.  Why has Thomas insisted on a modelled train engine birthday cake every year, when Daniel wants bubbles (so easy)?!
So following his birthday we had a bubble party for 8 little ones in the back garden yesterday.  The weather played ball so there were many bubbles!!
I did manage to finish my bathmat in the midst of this.  Here it is in situ.  The intarsia isn't great - I think it was the nature of the very stretchy t-shirt yarn - but it is going to be fine for us.  I'm going to make a little shower mat from what I have left.
Also, it was the last week for several of my students, so I made them lots of bug cakes!!
That's it from me this week - find some more here.

3 comments:

  1. Love the bright colours in the sock and what could be more fun than a bubble cake and party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are just gorgeous baked goods. That bubble cake does not look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool cake. Your bug cake are fun. Today I learned what Victoria sponge cake and Battenburg were. My daughters and I drooled over the pictures we found on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete