Tuesday 26 May 2015

Yarn Along - New Beginnings

Since its half term I have been able to read all the yarn along blogs from last week, so I have come back again!!
I have also been very productive!
I finished my stripey socks and wound lots of yarn for my next projects - which I blogged about here.
Since then I have also finished my Aiken - yay!

 I'm not totally sure about the neck, but I need to block it so that may improve it, or I may add something.  It doesn't bother me too much so I may just leave it!

I also decided to knit a mat for the shower using up the t-shirt yarn I used for the bathmat.  I now have a set!

And so, I will cast on my Rhombing around today and I have a sock pattern from a magazine I want to try with some britsock by the Knitting Goddess.
In sewing, I have cut the paper pieces for my Megan dress and a tunic top.  I want to cut the fabric for a muslin and the top at least, this week.
I finished The Secret Life of Bees and really enjoyed it. I laughed out loud at the end and the (no spoiler) octopuses and hat!!  You'll know what I mean when you get there or if you've read it!
Now to start Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.

Linking with Nicole and Ginny.

21 comments:

  1. Your Aiken is beautiful - this intricate pattern along the neckline is gorgeous! And such clever shower mats. I've been wanting to make some for a loooong time ;-) Too many projects in my head, always...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this sweater! Simple but with an interesting twist! You did a great job on it! And the color of yarn is one of my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Aiken - such an unusual neckline! The Secret Life of Bees was a great book. I really want to knit a bath mat now too - pretty sure there was one in the Mason-Dixon book?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two snaps up for your new gansey. I'm sure blocking will remedy that roll. I can't wait to finish this mixing business so I can knit again. It feels a bit weird sometimes to not blog about knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pattern along the neckline is really beautiful! And the sort of boat neckline is elegant too. Love the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sweater - it looks so well on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sweater fits you perfectly! Love that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sweater looks fantastic. I love the yarn you choose too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me Before You was my favorite book two summers ago! Loved it. The sequel is out now or is coming out, I haven't checked recently - because I'm so hesitant to read it. When a book ends perfectly, why a sequel? The finish looks great! I think the curling neckline if it doesn't bother you looks fine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The neck detail on that sweater is just so lovely. I think the neck looks just fine. I can't believe how quickly you knit it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your sweater--I haven't been brave enough to do a sweater yet--you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the neck the way it is :) lovely sweater and the fit is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful sweater and the neckline is a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love that pattern on the front of your sweater, and the colour is perfect. Read the Secret Life of Bees the other month, it was okay I liked The Invention of Wings better though.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, beautiful, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, that's such a beautiful, cozy-looking sweater! I love the little touch of geometric lace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the shower mats, and I have yet to try the t-shirt yarn, but I definitely want to use it sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your idea of knitting a bath mat!!!! and a warning... you might want to have a box of tissue beside you for your next book. Have a great weekend Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the collar! I think it's just enough "flair" to be unique and interesting, but still look comfy. I've not ventured into such complicated projects yet. I have shawls on my "Hope To Do Soon" list though. I taught myself to crochet just 7 months ago using You Tube videos.

    ReplyDelete