Sunday 2 July 2017

Week 1 - the new list!


2017/2018

This year, I have decided, is the year of the handmade wardrobe.  I have spent several years dabbling, and really want to make inroads to a me-made wardrobe.

Sewing
Skirts:
  • Gathered skirt 
  • Delphine skirt
  • button through skirt
  • yoked skirt
Tops:
  • Tunic top
  • t-shirt style top
Knitting
Sweaters:
Accessories:
  • Bonbon mitts - progress
  • Socks - I am not going to specify a pattern as new ones come up and I always want to do them
  • Shortie socks - to use up stash
  • Knees up
Other items
Gifts:
  • Socks - dad, Luke and a second pair for mum to do
  • Scarf - Sevilla - in progress for a friend
  • Bath bombs - for pressies and myself
  • Christmas jumper for Thomas - follow tenderheart as for me but add colorwork from Anders
Craft fair/other crafts:
  • Embroidery - develop to make myself some bags
  • Dog coats - knit some more
  • Hot water bottle covers
So there it is - the new list.  I am so excited about this year.  You might be able to tell that I have had a bit of a problem with castonitis this week - next week I shall show you all the projects and progress I have made!  If you fancy joining us, please head over to the group on Ravelry here.

10 comments:

  1. What a great list Lucy and I love the idea of a me made wardrobe and I can't wait to see it come together over the coming year. I love how you have lots of larger items mixed in with smaller ones to suit the times when you need a different pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Me Made....I love your list and so glad to see such a wonderful variety of projects! I plan on doing more sewing this year also along with the regular 'loves'. I'm sure you will get all that done and more, knowing you. I love the color work sweaters! What fun to cast on new items! Here's to another great and productive year for you....and me too I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list, so many gread projects! I think I might steal some of your ideas, hope you don't mind?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Love the fact this is a year dedicated to your needs. Your sewing makes me happy. I think homemade wardrobes are so wonderful and truly show off ones personality better than off the rack clothing. Your knitting lists are great too and I know you will achieve your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me-made! Yesss! I look forward to the fashion shows of one great wardrobe item after another. Maybe next year I'll try made by me... but I'm always afraid it won't fit the way I envisioned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your theme. I look forward to seeing what you come up with this year.
    My daughter wants to learn how to sew skirts. Nothing like jumping right in! We're going to try and make some rice bags this summer to get the feel of the machine. I can't wait to show her

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your list, Lucy. It reads as truly inspired. It will be so much fun to watch you make (and model?) your wardrobe - you make such beautiful things. Looking forward to each new make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will be an inspiration as you sew your new wardrobe and I hope you post your doggie sweaters on their recipients.

    ReplyDelete