Sunday 18 February 2018

A Year of Projects Update - week 34

Oh I have had such a good week!  Very productive in lots of ways.  I have made lots of progress on my projects but have no pictures of those, I have lots of pictures of yarn though, so I hope no one minds!

Monday saw me and a friend taking down our decking in the back garden.  It did not take as long as we thought it might, and there was a patio underneath that just needs a good clean and tidy.

Then during the week I made good progress on Thomas's Christmas jumper and my Christmas socks.  I also got going on Zinone and am now nearly ready to start the front.
Then on Friday me and the boys went to Unravel which is a yarn festival about 50 minutes drive from us.  It was the first time I had been and have been planning what I wanted for a while. 
So here are my purchases.
 First up is a sweater quantity of Stranded Dyeworks 4ply in the Metalsome colourway.  This is going to become a cardigan to partner my dresses.
 I picked up two skeins from Fine Fish yarn to become a pair of socks for me and Daniel.
 These two from Riverknits are to become a shawl.
 These three from John Arbon Textiles are to be a jumper for Daniel.
And these from Treskelion yarns are to be an All My Love by Joji Locatelli.
And that is that (and should be enough to keep me going for a while).
Anyway, I think that is quite enough hope everyone has a great week and I promise I will have photos of actual knitting next week!



5 comments:

  1. Lovely stash enhancements. Your needles will be very busy.

    How is the patio coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful new stash! Love that you have use for it all! I saw the deck demolish on instagram...good for the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of you (is that you?) tearing apart your deck. What a job! And how great that those pavers were under there for the makings of a nice patio. Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard work on your deck but look at the lovely stones patio you have! It will be a great place to knit this Spring and Summer! The first picture I thought you were doing raised be gardening....they would have made good ones!
    Your yarns are scrumptious! I can't wait to see what you cast on first! Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your yarn acquisitions are sooooo yummy. Well done on taking done that deck. Good strong work by a good strong woman. Yay you!

    ReplyDelete