Sunday 26 July 2020

Year of Projects Update - week 4

I have been reasonably monogamous this week!  I say that, but I  have 2 new cast ons!
I did finish the other socks which are here.
They look a bit odd because although I followed the numbers from a dk pattern, they were too tight to start with.  I added a gusset, but they are still fairly snug to get on.  I used various scraps to make these.
As a result of finishing these, I have cast on a new pair.  
I did choose a skein to knit them out and wound it (pictured below with the cast on socks)  however, I then discovered my leftovers from sock arms that were ready to go, so decided to knit a pair of shorties first.
My other new cast on was Cornhill by Eden Cottage yarn, knit in the new base from Eden Cottage.
I am really enjoying this, shawls are not really my thing,  but I love knitting them.  I am planning on wearing this!
And finally,  the piece that I have been working on the most, is Breathing Space.
I am now on the ribbing for the body, so I'm hoping this will be finished soon!
And that is that!
We are going to visit my mum and dad this week.   We haven't been to visit for obvious reasons, since Christmas so we are really looking forward to this.  We are going for a week and not doing anything apart from walking!
I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing week.

14 comments:

  1. Ih I have plans to make a Breathing Space. I have to get one more skein of yarn....and it is hard to come by......enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love knitting shawls and have quite a pile. Thinking I may need to give a few away but once I finish, it is hard to part with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you were busy this week. The shawl looks lovely, I like the colours. Breathing Space is such an interesting pattern, it's on my list of "would I should I" patterns. I love the construction, just not sure if I would wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic progress!! I love the socks! And Breathing Space is looking wonderful! I look forward to next week to see how everything progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that elephant project bag. And the shawl in it is really nice as well. I hope you have a good time with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a lovely time with your parents. I love the idea of the socks to match your sock arm jumper you made last year. I remember Ruth used to also use a lot of Eden Cottage yarns, it isn’t a supplier I have used, but will one day for sure. I rarely leave the house without something wrapped round my neck so shawls work well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great visit! I love the colour of your breathing space. I too knit shawls all the time and have a cedar chest full of them. Sometimes I think I should sell a few of them and then go buy more yummy yarn and start all over again!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaah another Breathing Space! I really need to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice socks. Good way to use up bits and pieces of yarn. Your breathing space is my fave although, that shawl looks quite yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your breathing space, that color is just happy. I'm looking forward to seeing it as a FO. Your socks are inspiring and look like so much fun. I hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your scrappy socks! The other yarns look awesome too. I'm that way about shawls....but they are fun to knit and I don't feel bad now that I know they can be worn as scarves really. Yay for Breathing Space;looking lovely! Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not sure I'm really into shawls, but like you, I enjoy making them (in my case, crocheting them). Your scrappy socks look great! And I look forward to seeing all your other projects come along. Breathing Space is almost done! Can't wait. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely Progress. I always appreciate a good sock and I LOVE the colours of your Breathing space <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your shawl is lovely! Have a great visit with your parents.

    ReplyDelete