Sunday 6 September 2020

A Year of Projects Update - week 10

This week has breezed by!  Going back to school was good, although we are yet to start teaching - Tuesday is when it kicks off properly.

I have been beavering away at my Projects.  My lacy shoulders tee has seen very little love this week.  I have started the lace though and should get back to it before I  forget!


 The Rowan Summerlite is gorgeous,  wonderfully soft and not splitty at all.
I also cast on my Joji project in the week for the fall KAL.  
I am really enjoying these even though it is everything I don't like when knitting socks.  I am generally a two at a time, toe up kind of girl, but these are none of those!
In other news, I made some curtains and a kind of beanbag for Thomas's bedroom.

I also went through my wardrobe and checked on work clothes.  I realised I didn't post the skirt I hand sewed the other week.  Sorry for the smudges on the mirror!  I  must clean that.

And I altered a dress that was too short and turned it into a tunic top.

I think that will do for this week - I  did some sorting and cleaning of the greenhouse, but otherwise that was it.  I hope everyone has a great week. 




15 comments:

  1. Your skirt has a lovely drape to it. Looks like it would move nicely as you walk. I’m glad school has gone ok so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely skirt! And I really like the bean bag, what did you use as fillling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used old duvets! I had two that we never use, so I used that.

      Delete
  3. You were certainly productive. I especially like the makeover of the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice progress this week! I love the dress turned tunic! Great job ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. We start on Tuesday too....Good luck to you...and you hand sewed a skirt? That's impressive!!! I started my Boxy for the KAL...I had forgotten to add it to my post, started reading yours and went back and edited my post to include it.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lacy part of the lacy top is lovely! The socks are so cute and I love the look and the yarn and pattern...all of it! The top is darling and and such pretty material . The skirt looks very comfortable and swirly..I like swirly. Stay safe and well at school and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely skirt, such a nice colour, and lovely drape. And what a good idea to shorten your dress to a tunic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that I'm wintering in Florida, I've been searching for summery tops. What pattern are you knitting? I love the lace pattern. Are you using cotton yarn? I've become a fan of linen although it is hard on my fingers and I sometimes have to wear a fingertip protector.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is called the lacy shoulders tee and I am knitting it with Rowan Summerlite which is 100% cotton.

      Delete
  9. That skirt is lovely and what a nice drape to it. Turning a too short dress into a tunic is a great idea. The lace shoulder tee is one I have had ear marked for a while. I am enjoying watching you make it. I like that sock you are doing. So many love doing toe up TAAT. I try it now and then but still love my cuff down on DPN's done consecutively.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing the garments you make, Lucy. And turning a dress into a tunic! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sewed the skirt by hand! I'm super impressed. It takes me an eternity to complete things I use the sewing machine for.
    The skirt looks really comfortable too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the lacy shoulders. Can't wait for a picture of you modelling it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have had a productive week! I like the socks. Stripey socks always catch my attention even tho I don't think I have ever knit a pair. One day...

    ReplyDelete