Sunday 3 January 2021

A Year of Projects Update - week 27

 Another week in a row! I have done a fair bit of crafting this week,  despite trying to spend as much quality time with the family as possible.   New year was lovely, if a little quiet (in all honesty,  we do very little at new year anyway!)  We don't really know what is happening next week  - my school is moving to remote learning for 2 weeks before having everyone back in, but at the moment   Daniel is back on Tues - we shall see how that pans out.

Anyway  what have I  been doing?

My Battenberg has grown.

I am crocheting this from my advent minis of the last couple of years.

I have also broken out my garter stitch blanket and made quite a bit of progress on it.

I am knitting this from all of my leftover fingering weight yarn.

Both of these are destined to become lap blankets.

I also cast on two new projects...

My January socks for the rainbow chronicles KAL. 

The colour for the month is pink!  This is yarn from Kate Selene.

I also cast on Oare Water.  This was a pattern in the second John Arbon Textiles annual and I am knitting it John Arbon Yarnadelic.

And there we have it.  I cut out some fabric yesterday and have some Christmas fabric on order to make a festive dress for next year!
In other news, I have been keeping up my bread making from last christmas and I purchased a slow cooker, which I have been enjoying using of late.
It's back to work tomorrow  so I'm sure the crafting is about to slow down.  Hopefully,  I shall be back next week - I  hope everyone has a great week. 




9 comments:

  1. Your battenburg and garter stitch blankets are such great ways to use small amounts of yarn. Such a pretty color on you socks. The Oare Water Jumper will be a lovely one for you to add to your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great ideas for fingering weight stash/leftovers!! Thank you for the inspiration.

    Your new cast-ons are also lovely.

    Good luck with work and school! I hope everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoying watching your Battenberg blanket and the stripey garter stitch blanket grow. Those will be really satisfying finishes one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter goes back to teaching tomorrow too. She's had a good time with the boys. They've done a lot of sledding. I love your blankets. I wish I had that much leftover sock yarn. I need to order some minis. Your sock yarn is lovely as usual. I'm glad to be back knitting socks and simultaneously too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a great start to your teaching term. I love the garter stitch blanket. Are you planning the colours or just picking up the next ball as you need it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the battenberg blanket pattern and you have such pretty leftovers for it. I keep losing track of the news but think Boris was expecting teachers to Covid test students?! I hope your knitting and crochet manages to keep you sandman during the next phase of craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made great use of your extra time this week! We always have a quiet New Years too, so I get that. Your Battenberg is looking gorgeous and giving me ideas! Hope you have an easy time getting back into school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blankets! I'm so tempted to start another simple garter stitch blanket of sorts, I still have so much sockyarn left, but I already have some blanket WIPs. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your battenburg, I've often wondered what people do with those mini skeins -now I know!
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete