Sunday 2 July 2023

A Year of Projects - List

 And so, July is here again.  My Year Of Projects runs from July to June - so it is list time for me.

I will be organising my list as I have done the past few years, and that is predominantly centred around a handmade wardrobe.

Knitting

  • Tegna - this is my second and is nearly completed
  • A light coloured tank/vest top - pattern not chosen yet
  • Pineberry - pattern from Pompom magazine and yarn from Eden Cottage yarn has been purchased
  • Open fronted waterfall cardi - pattern to be decided
  • Socks - a mix of long and short
  • More washcloths/dishcloths
Crochet
  • I really want to pick my Battenberg blanket up this year!
Sewing
  • Finish Rosa by Tilly and the Buttons 
  • Sew another Simple sew wrap dress
  • Decide on suit pattern snd sew it
  • Cream trousers - ? The Lander Pant
  • Make handkerchiefs and cut cloths
Other
  • Embroidery and cross stitch - I would really like to do some more of these
  • Painting - again would like to do more of this

And there I will stop.  I will almost certainly add to the list as I go but this is a good base!

So that is my list - next week I shall update on my progress over the last few weeks!

11 comments:

  1. Pineberry looks interesting, it almost has a crochet look to the stitch pattern, but nicer than crochet. I can’t remember what Rosa is, is that a dress pattern? Overall the list sounds great, achievable and another step to your “me made” wardrobe. Best of luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was Liz (Highlandheffalump) btw

      Delete
    2. I thought Pineberry might be crochet initially, but is knit - hurrah - my crochet isn't good enough for a garment!

      Delete
  2. Great to see your plans and I look forward to seeing how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing your projects as you work through YOP13. Wow! Sewing a suit is way beyond my COVID mask sewing capabilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was beyond mine, but now I'm so into hand sewing I can take my time and make it exactly how I want it!

      Delete
  4. You are so good about following you yearly plans. Your wardrobe pieces are going to be great additions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your sewing projects and the garments you make are gorgeous in knitting and sewing. We can have CAL with our Battenberg blankets! The Pineberry is darling. I am looking for a nice vest pattern that is not very fitted. Always love seeing your projects and yarns. You motivate me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the handmade wardrobe ideas! I'm particularly intrigued by people who can wear light colored pants- I am that person who almost instantly dumps something permanent on light colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - I think I am that person too but the romantic idea is there - I don't know how long they would last!

      Delete
  7. Great plans! I look forward to seeing your projects over the year. Love the Tegna, especially looking forward to seeing that one. -Jen @ Carolina Tales

    ReplyDelete