Sunday 29 October 2023

A Year of Projects Update - week 17

 It has been such a lovely week here.  The weather has not been quite as bad as forecast and we managed to do one or two things out of the house!  Although,  lots was done inside as well!

Firstly I finished my mittens - just in time I feel.  These were knit from John Arbon Textiles Zwartbles from stash.

And this is my new cast on - the Marilyn turtleneck.  I am knitting this in West Yorkshire Spinners.

This is milkbottle and is not as yellow as the picture suggests, but our clocks went back today and we are cosy with candles and fairy lights!

I have also made a little progress on my Golden Grass scarf,  but the rows are taking quite a while on this one, so it is slow going at the moment. 

It is back to school tomorrow and usually I like to be a bit more prepared for Christmas by now (only as it is difficult to juggle school with preparations) but I'm sure we will be fine.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week.

8 comments:

  1. Our clocks fall back this coming weekend. I remember when I was working that the time difference would change between the US and Great Britain during these fall back/spring forward times making it fun to figure out when meetings were actually happening. Your mitts turns out great. The Marilyn sweater looks like it will be beautiful. Is that fingering??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mittens looks warm and lovely. Some nice new cast-ons. We have our time change in the US next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully, where we live does not honor daylight savings time. I like that. The sweater looks so pretty. I even like the 'yellow' color from the photo. Those mitts will keep your fingers nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those mittens look really warm. I really do love this point of the year when it becomes acceptable to close the curtains early and settle down with a fire, some lights, and knitting or a book. If only it was crisp and cold and not still so wet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mittens! The sweater in "milkbottle" looks like it will be a lovely color and sweater/jumper. I'm glad you enjoyed your time off. The scarf will be lovely too but they do take a long time to make.
    Our time w ill be changing next week and we have a frost warning which is early for us so I need to get my plants inside.
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mittens are fabulous. Cables are always so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mittens look great and very cosy, perfect for the weather turning much colder. It’s nearly 11am here and we have thick frost still on the grass. I love a cosy turtle neck jumper.

    ReplyDelete