Sunday 14 July 2024

A Year of Projects Update - week 2

 I have made decent progress over these past three weeks!

I finished my Maywick sweater from The Shetland Trader. 

I knit this in various stash yarn and I love it!  I have already worn it lots as of today our temperatures are not that hot!

I have also started a second dress.  It's the same pattern as before - Butterick B4790.  I think they used it in a previous sewing bee and called it the Walkaway dress (so called as you can start it in the morning and walkaway with it in the afternoon!)

No photos yet as am just finishing it - it wi be ready for next week!

I also started a swimming costume!  A knitted one - I saw it on a Facebook group and fell for it -it is a vintage pattern by Susan Crawford called Call of the Sea.  I am knitting it in 100% cotton.

Despite loosing a little motivation in the garden, I  have been out this weekend and brought a lovely little selection of flowers in.

And I think that is it for this week.  Hope everyone has a great week.

6 comments:

  1. Oh the flowers are lovely. The sweater looks great and how nice that you already have it in wardrobe rotation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your sweater. Looks perfect for summer into fall. I always like seeing the dresses you make. Is this one hand sewn too or done on machine? Like the color of your swimwear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knitting something for swimming seems very brave to me. Is it the actual garment that goes in the ocean or a cover-up? I've thought about knitting a cover-up since we do go to the beach for a vacation each summer but I never actually go in the water. I hate sea water and how it makes my skin feel. Your stash top turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sweater is beautiful, Lucy. And I look forward to seeing your newest dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your jumper is lovely and worked so well at using up stash but looking like the colours had been intentional for it. I'm excited to see the dress. I've lost mojo with the garden at the moment, I wonder if its the weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do I always forget to sign, that was Liz (highlandheffalump). I wish the google log in would work on Blogger, it used to work on Sam's blog. Weird.

      Delete