Sunday 21 July 2024

A Year of Projects Update - week 3

 So we are nearly there!  Two more days and I am on my summer break!

I have made some good progress this week!

Firstly,  the dress I had all but finished last week.

I love this pattern - it is called the Walkaway dress and is Butterick B4790.  This is the second one I have made and.. having finished this one, have started a third 

Usually  I like to hide the tops of my arms, but having hit 50 last year I don't care!

I have also made progress on the Call of the Sea. 

Sorry, I didn't turn the photo!  This is a vintage swim suit by Susan Crawford.   I shall decide when I have finished whether I wear it as a swimsuit or just as beachwear  but I'm loving it so far - I am using Scheepjes Catona.

And so, that is about it on the making front.  I did a tiny bit of gardening but only some weeding - even though I have done more this year than ever, everything seems to be doing much worse than ever! But it has been very weird weather  - first very wet  then cold for months.  Oh well, there's still a bit of time, and there is always next year!

Anyway  I hope everyone has a great week. 

5 comments:

  1. Your dress and fabric are perfect. How wonderful to be able to sew some of your own clothes. Haha. It was wonderful to stop coloring my hair after I retired. I still had a middle school aged child which really confused some of his teammates since they couldn't figure out if I was his mom or his grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dresses look lovely, I think the swimsuit is a fun knitting project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dresses look fantastic. I, too, have up on what others thought about the time I hit 55. Dress in what makes you comfortable

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely not the year to judge how your garden is doing. My peas that would normally be 5 ft tall are 1 ft tall, my courgettes are tiny, the flowers aren’t as abundant as other years so I’m sure if we get a more ‘normal’ spring and summer next year your garden will be fabulous. Talking of fabulous I love your finished and work in progress dresses. Can’t believe how quick you can knock these up, are you still doing all hand stitching? Liz (Highlandheffalump)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty pattern on that fabric. Your dresses look great, Lucy. Enjoy your summer break!

    ReplyDelete