Sunday 26 January 2014

A Year of Projects Update

Well I survived!!
10 6 year olds came over yesterday and we coloured, we treasure hunted, we pinned the tail on the tick tock croc, we passed the parcel, we threw balls, we ran around being pirates and ate food.
All had a good time and my husband and I came out the other side (a large glass of wine as reward!!)
In terms of knitting I finished my wristwarmers in Mellifera sock yarn in spruce.  It's difficult to see the details in the picture as we took it last night, but they have 4 sets of cables and ropes of twisted stitches - I really like them!
The only slightly weird thing is, that they are the same length, yet on, one is shorter than the other!!  My arms must be different lengths!!



We have a few jobs to do today so I am torn between starting my project bag, having a go at knitting a purse or just continuing with my top....  Decisions!!

Hope you all have a lovely week.

7 comments:

  1. Well done on surviving the party, they sure are draining. Love the wristwarmers and best of luck with the decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the kids had a great time, glad you survived.....love the wristwarmers..and yeah I often find one seems shorter when on for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you click on the picture it enlarges, and you can see the details very clearly. Lovely! I understand that you like them! Sounds like that glass of wine was well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute wristwarmers! And congrats on surviving the party! If I were you, I would continue with the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am tired just thinking about ten 6 year olds and all that busyness! I think as a reward you should knit ALL things :) Love the wrist warmers. The yarn colour is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew! So glad you survived! LOL. Your wristlets are so pretty and I really like the spruce colored yarn. I think you and your husband deserve to relax today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, everyone's arms are slightly different lengths :). Maybe the tension on one is a bit snugger so it doesn't stretch as much? Either way, both mitts look lovely.

    ReplyDelete