Monday 19 December 2022

A Year of Projects Update -- week 26

 I didn't post yesterday,  despite good intentions, as I got a bit carried away with my new cast on!

Anyway, I am posting today as it is the start of my Christmas break - hurrah!

I have been wearing See You There all week when I can and me and Daniel have managed to get out in the crunchy snow this weekend.


So, my cast ons ...
First, I cast on some Christmas socks 
Not a brilliant picture,  but they are knit in Stranded Dyeworks Christmas yarn from at least a year ago - I have a Christmas Red to do the heel and cuff.
My other cast on is a garter marler sweater by Stephen West.  It is knit in fingering weight held double, so you can use up all your bits.  Which is exactly what I intend to do!  Here it is so far.

I am hoping to get a lot done this week, in amongst the Christmas prep!
I hope everyone has a great week, and for those that celebrate, have a brilliant Christmas. 


4 comments:

  1. Those socks scream Christmas. Using red for the toes and heels makes them even more Christmas . How nice you have gotten so much wear from your sweater this week. The new cast on sweater is going to be wonderful. Leave it to SW to figure a way to use up leftover sock yarn in a wearable way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying your beautiful See You There. Fun socks. I'm looking forward to casting on some Christmas yarn socks that I ordered for myself for Christmas. What a great idea for your leftover bits. Enjoy your Stephen West knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks a bit like gingerbread haus colour, lovely. Hope you are enjoying your time off this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz (flipping blogger sign in still only working on Sam’s posts)

      Delete