Sunday 5 February 2023

A Year of Projects Update - week 33

 I write this on a beautiful Sunday morning in the South of England.   In all honesty it's been a bit dull of late, but I will take that over storms so I can't complain. 

I have been working fairly exclusively on my Reduplicate shorts and currently have one and a bit legs!

I really like this pattern so far - there is a bit of cable and a bit of lace and it is easy to memorise.   I may be tempted into a matching  top but we will see!  I am using some frogged yarn from a very old project, and can't remember what it is but it is very nice!

Otherwise, I have cut the fabric for a new dress that I intend to hand sew.  I got a couple of pieces from Minerva in their VIP craft sale this past weekend and I am hoping to get to them next week.

I am hoping to start this today and get the bodice completed this week.. well  again - let's see!

Otherwise, this should be a fairly lazy day - I want to make some date and walnut bread and roast some lamb, but that is it.

I hope everyone has a great week. 

4 comments:

  1. Yum, date and walnut bread sounds yummy. You have done some great progress on your shorts. That dress pattern is really cute. I am still in awe of you hand sewing your clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum. I'll be right over for the bread and lamb. Actually I can't complain. I got hubby watching the Great British Bake Off so he made delicious chocolate babka that was one of the challenges in an episode we watched. I love the idea of knitting a matching top top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shorts are looking good but isn't it warm weather when you wear shorts and won't those shorts be a bit warm? When I was young we wore wool shorts down to right above the knee but then we wore knee socks with them in the fall and winter.
    Your dress pattern looks lovely! The date and walnut bread sounds yummy. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz here! I still can’t successfully log in. I forget whether these shorts were for you or you were making them from someone else. I can’t quite imagine wearing knitted shorts myself, but then we don’t really get many shorts wearing days up here. I’ve had the same pairs for about 15 years and they are lucky if they get to be worn twice in a summer. 😂 at least in Sussex you get better summers.

    ReplyDelete